Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FB71
    I'm fb71 there as well.
    Hey! I thought I recognized that name from somewhere. I used to frequent the fordsix board when I was pondering putting a 200 six in my 84 LTD.

Comment

yeah its funny here in aus alot of ford vehicals are rebadged mazdas
      like the 121/festiva 626/telstar 323/lazer E2200/econovan B2600/courier
      which is funny cos the ford courier has mazda compliance plates but both mazda b2600 and courier are built on mitsubishi triton.....go figure

speaking of i noticed on my festi the ignition and fuel injection is all by mitsubishi too

Comment

usually if an engine or trany goes before 200k i'd say its the owners fault.

We had an old honda prelude come through work the other day with 312k miles on it, the two kids were heading up to Montreal from VA, and the car was beat to CRAP, but still ticking. If taken care of i'm sure it would last to 500k+, but lack of routine maintenance and harsh driving will kill any car on the road.
        ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
        91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
        1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
        2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

i agree. my parents changed the oil in my car religiously every 3000 miles. and they abosolutely NEVER drove it hard. now that i've got it well... it sees upwards of 75 some. :lol:
          and 356k!
          89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
          92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
          New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Working...
          X