Festiva vs Metro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva vs Metro

So i gotta wonder... how does a Festiva stack up against a Metro... or any other small econobox's like these?
    BlueBooger- Blue 91 Festiva L, Black 06 Lancer Evolution IX SE

I dont care who you are, you'll have fun in a Festiva.

lol good question , dont care i still love de festi

Comment

hahaha nicely stated.
      BlueBooger- Blue 91 Festiva L, Black 06 Lancer Evolution IX SE

I dont care who you are, you'll have fun in a Festiva.

Comment

I picked a Festiva over a Metro because they are more reliable (plus they have a FORD emblem on the front ) I don't think there are that many Metros running around with 2,3,4 or 500,000 miles on them. Plus there are engines easily swapped into a Festiva, not so with the Metro. I've owned my Festiva a little over a year and put 21,000 trouble free miles on it, it has 211K on it now, and I've averaged over 50 mpg for that distance. My opinion is they are great little cars! I'd like to get another one for the wife to drive instead of her gas HOG chevy astro.
        1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
        1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
        1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
        1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
        1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
        1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
        1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

I'm biased but I also vote Festiva. A gauranteed 4 cylinders instead of a toss up between 3 or four, plus the possibility of a wider variety of engine swaps make it the winner. I also question the reliablility of Suzuki engines compared to Mazdas. The only place the Metro wins out is in sheer abundance, they are far easier to find than Festivas. I have a teacher who is as wild about Metros as most of us are about Festivas. He's had 5 of them. He's looking for a new Metro, but I've urged him to look for a Festiva instead. He'd like it better. The only Metro I'd look for is a convertible, and then only a manual.
          Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
          Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
          White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
          White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
          Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
          Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
          Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
          White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

A Festiva or a what?
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by Kraig
              Plus there are engines easily swapped into a Festiva, not so with the Metro.
              Not so, while the Geo Metro/Chevy Sprint/Pontiac Firefly/Suzuki Forsa (or Swift) generally came with a base 3 cylinder, 1.0 liter engine, there were several interesting optional engines available.

The 3 cylinder turbo was the first "performance" variant. Admittedly, they didn't tend to live too long, but they were kind of zippy. A co-worker of mine has one with over 300,000kms on the clock, and it's still running strong.

The engine in the Suzuki Forsa GT (sometimes GTI) was also interesting. They were 1.3 or 1.6 liter, 16 valve rev-monsters. I drove one. Trust me, they're quick.

There are also a few engine swaps available outside of what was available from the factory.

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
                A Festiva or a what?
                Come on Brian, you know, a Metro. Here is a picture of one I think :wink:

sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Oh I see, I still don't want one ^^ of those!
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyracing
                    Originally posted by Kraig
                    Plus there are engines easily swapped into a Festiva, not so with the Metro.
                    Not so, while the Geo Metro/Chevy Sprint/Pontiac Firefly/Suzuki Forsa (or Swift) generally came with a base 3 cylinder, 1.0 liter engine, there were several interesting optional engines available.

The 3 cylinder turbo was the first "performance" variant. Admittedly, they didn't tend to live too long, but they were kind of zippy. A co-worker of mine has one with over 300,000kms on the clock, and it's still running strong.

The engine in the Suzuki Forsa GT (sometimes GTI) was also interesting. They were 1.3 or 1.6 liter, 16 valve rev-monsters. I drove one. Trust me, they're quick.

There are also a few engine swaps available outside of what was available from the factory.
                    The Suzuki Swift GTis were 1.3 liters, all-aluminum twin cam 16 valve engines, and they really were reliable (I had one); I bought mine at 150000kms and beat the crap out of it until 254000kms and it still didn't burn a drop of oil. Their main problems were the rear disc brakes that were always seized up, and the transmission known for its notoriously weak 2nd gear synchros. Oh and they seem to be much more prone to structural rust than Festivas over here in eastern Canada. Engine-wise, your main choices are to build a NA G13B (1.3 DOHC 4 cyl), turbocharge it, or take a 1.6 single cam and put the G13B twin cam head on it, put vitara pistons to lower compression and slap on a turbo. But I'd still choose a Festiva for its cost/potential ratio, as it has a wider choice of engine swaps as well as parts interchangeability with other stock Mazda cars (which means upgrading a Festy can be done with less green than a Swift, and easier), plus the fact that Swift GTi parts are getting really scarce...
                    The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

Festiva wins just by looks.
                      88,festiva

Comment

There is a local Chevy Metro hatch (like a '99 when the new body styles were out) for sale in a local pawn shop for $2850. Coolest part is it has a HUGE Mercedes-Benz emblem on the hood.
                        There is also a Metro only junkyard behind it that they built the car from it's parts.

I want to buy one for some of the local rallycrosses in Memphis. 1 litre rally car that I won't feel bad about breaking!

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

I had a metro befor the festiva. the metro was a 1 litre 3cyl. Here's my experience.

Metro positives
                          mpg~metro 49 and festiva 44
                          doors~metro 4 and festiva 2

Festiva positives
                          speed up the mountain~festiva 60 and metro 45
                          highway passing~festiva is tolerable and metro is dangerously slow
                          operational~festiva (metro died)
                          fun factor~festiva (the only thing fun with a metro is changing plugs cuz there's only 3)
                          brand~festiva (I'm partial to fords)

Comment

They say that suzuki is one of the more reliable car companies I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva
                              Originally posted by 25Horseplay
                              A Festiva or a what?
                              Come on Brian, you know, a Metro. Here is a picture of one I think :wink:
                              Y'know that's a Chevette, right? (Did I miss on the funny again? It's late and I'm kinda slow.)

Comment

Working...
                              X