brake swap score - UPDATE PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake swap score - UPDATE PICS

I'm going to pick up an aspire tomorrow. I offered the guy $200. He said $350. It's worth that. Then I let him think about it for a week. I called back and offered $200 again. He said $250. Sold! New rotors, pads, tires, tie rod ends. Complete car. 8x,xxx miles on it. Good engine and trans. New ac parts. Will be selling the engine and 5 speed soon. I guess I'll have to join the aspire forum to unload the engine, trans and whatever else I can. Should be a profit if I play my cards right. I'm stoked! I haven't posted this info in a while, but I am trying to score a bp car for a swap too. I drag my feet while doing projects so I didn't want to talk about it until I had a some parts together. The aspire is a good start. Let the fun begin!
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

aspire brakes are WELL worth doin!!!! way to go on the score!!!!!!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

make sure you post up here when your trying to unload that engine + trany, theres a guy @ work who drives and aspire and keeps extra engines and trany's laying around, he may be interested!

deff a good score! Soon as i have time i've gotta come out there and give you a ride in Skeeter w/ the new B6! nothing like a BP, but its a blast!!
      ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
      91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
      1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
      2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

I will sure post here after I pull the aspire drive train. And I would love to get a ride in the upgraded skeeter!!
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Comment

That's a sweet Aspire for $200. What would it take to put those seats in a Festiva?
            Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
            Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
            White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
            White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
            Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
            Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
            Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
            White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

hey whats that car doing sitting on your parts??? lol

good score indeed I looked up new parts for the swap and its well over 300 and your sill missing the major componets like axle, hubs, swing arms

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
              92 GL - parts car
              97 aspire - parts car
              87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
              http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
              Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Nice snag Paul, any plans for the shifter knob ?
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Why don't you just drive the Aspire? $200 seems like a great deal, unless I missed another post saying that something was wrong with it...
                  Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Its almost a shame to rip it apart, but it is only a Aspire!
                    Brian
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                    :fish:

Comment

No offence to the aspire lovers but I agree with Brian lol

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                      92 GL - parts car
                      97 aspire - parts car
                      87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                      http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                      Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy
                        Why don't you just drive the Aspire? $200 seems like a great deal, unless I missed another post saying that something was wrong with it...
                        He could always throw the Festiva brakes on it and drive it. Just allow a little more stopping distance.
                        Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                        Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                        White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                        White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                        Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                        Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                        Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                        White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

eew! part it out ASAP!
                          89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                          RIP 90LX

Comment

Originally posted by Axlander9289
                            That's a sweet Aspire for $200. What would it take to put those seats in a Festiva?
                            My buddy jack put some in his festar. He just made some adapter brackets. No sweat.

Originally posted by Festiva_tunner
                            hey whats that car doing sitting on your parts??? lol

good score indeed I looked up new parts for the swap and its well over 300 and your sill missing the major componets like axle, hubs, swing arms
                            :lol: Sweet! Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy
                            Because it's ugly, slow and looks like a girls car. The only aspire (festiva) I've ever seen that looked good is festymick's. His is hot! All the rest look weenie to me. Also I'm building a BP (T?) car so I need the extra braking power. The only thing wrong with the car is the bracket that holds the pedals together. It broke. His mechanic fixed the bracket and then the bracket ripped through the firewall. It basically needs a plate welded onto the firewall to mount the bracket to. He had just dumped $600 into tires and control arms. :thumbright:

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
                            Its almost a shame to rip it apart, but it is only a Aspire!
                            That's what I'm sayin'!

Originally posted by Axlander9289
                            He could always throw the Festiva brakes on it and drive it. Just allow a little more stopping distance.
                            I will probably do that just to keep it mobile.

Originally posted by stefan
                            eew! part it out ASAP!
                            Yep that sums up my thoughts on it.

Comment

Originally posted by carbonvmax
                              Originally posted by stefan
                              eew! part it out ASAP!
                              Yep that sums up my thoughts on it.
                              excellent. great minds think alike
                              looks like you live in the country. a farm perhaps? if ya got access to a front end loader lets see some carnage pix once your done with it :twisted:
                              89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                              RIP 90LX

Comment

Working...
                              X