!!!CRAP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!CRAP!!!

So, I get my new 90 L Plus on the road about a week and a half ago... Driving home from work late last night, a friggin' deer darted out in front of me. It was raining, so I slid, but did manage to get down to around 25mph. The bumper knocked its legs out from under it, so its left shoulder and back rolled into the grill. Broke the grill, bent the radiator support and left headlamp bracket, and further damaged my already damaged left fender. Damn deer got up and ran away... didn't even give me his insurance info!!! :roll:
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

call a hit and run
    2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
    1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
    1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
    http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

i almost hit a dear once and it was one of the scariest things i have incountered with my festiva .....

..................and did anyone notice that this forums system dont recognize the word festiva as a correctly spelled word? :/

Comment

Man Jim....I feel for you. I hit one in my silver car about a year ago now and it is still sitting there waiting to be repaired. I do have a donor car sitting there already though. Need to tear it apart too.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I totaled out a rented minivan by hitting a deer. Going about 65 and it jumped right in front of me. Glad it wasn't my car.

Comment

The Batstiva has a slight crinkle on the front edge of the hood from a close encounter with a deer. Also mangled the front right fender. That was replaced within a day. Tho the replacement was fire engine red. Uggh. :roll: Bolted it on, and painted in about 20 degree air, paint job looked like crap, but red fender on a black car is not my idea of multi-colored look. lol

Sorry about your bad luck Jim, but atleast it sounds like the damage is fairly minimal. And you are ok. I have always worried in these little cars about clipping the legs, and having the deer come up onto the hood and into the windshield. :shock:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Had the same thing happen with my 1st Festiva. And I allmost hit one with the green car about a year ago. I had a bunch run out in front of me and locked up the brakes, I was almost rearended too! Close call.
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

I guess the deer are more agressive down here in Arkansas. We have had deer run into cars. One lady had a deer run into her right rear busting out the glass and denting fenders on her Kia Rio 2 years in a row.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

My mom had that in Manitoba. A deer out of the ditch into the left front fender and got blown into the ditch. Buuut that was a crown vic and the dent was the size of a pea and the deer died.

-Scott
                  Aqua 93 L
                  Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                  White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

I had a 96 ranger that I bought new. About 15,000 miles in a deer ran into the side in between the door and bed. Put a big dent in it. I would swear that deer knew what was going on. He looked right at me then went at the last possible second. I was clicking 65 when it hit.
                    -Bryant

Comment

your got some tough luck lately jim . . . flat tires, dear damage . . .

I destroyed a fully loaded company rental last year . . . the dear jumped up out of the ditch and I missed the first one skidding down the road but nailed the second mangling the whole right corner of the car destroyed the hood and the wipers . . . it was eerry looking the deer in the eyes as its face slid across the windshield and down the drivers window leaving a snot trail . . . worst thing is two weeks later I was following my now exfiance in the new rental and 200 feet before where I nailed the deer another jumps out I watch her slam on the brakes and then see the deer take a back flip into the ditch . . . I was able to rebend the fender mounting and reinstall the front clip . . . the only thing I had to buy was the right Head light. . . . would you belive it cost $210 (dearler cost) for me to get that light one freeking light and they had to have one sent from the factory I mean it was a 2005 impalla but geezzz

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                      92 GL - parts car
                      97 aspire - parts car
                      87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                      http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                      Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

yeah, I know. But I shall perservere. I'm gettin' the stereo installed, the interior switched to black, and manual seat belts put in. Next is the sheet metal anyway, this is just a bit more work now.
                        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

pictures of the black?????

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                          92 GL - parts car
                          97 aspire - parts car
                          87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                          http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                          Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

not yet, still a work in progress..... maybe later this week.
                            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Working...
                            X