No announcement yet.

Never been so mad at my festiva (rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never been so mad at my festiva (rant)

this is my story on my troubles the last week of "trying" to drive my festiva

well a week ago yesterday (Friday) i got my festiva up and running with my BP swap finished, that night i knew i was missing an axle nut and it wasn't that far of a drive to where i had one, i didn't make it far until it sounded like my wheel was about to fall off, so i called a friend and he gave me a ride to go get it, it was my fault for driving without it so when i got the new nut on, all was good

so the next day (last Saturday) i was out and about having fun with my BP and i had stopped by home and my dad pointed out that i was leaking tranny fluid, so i looked where i pulled in and it was leaking BAD so i went to check the drain plug and it worked itself loose and fell out somewhere and i had tranny fluid all over the bottom of my car, so i had to run to where my spare tranny is and get the spare drain plug and fill it back up with fluid and away we go again

so later that day me and my GF were driving along and all of a sudden started hearing something steel dragging on the road, so i pulled over and my 4" boom tube was falling off my exhaust, so i ripped it off threw it in the back and kept going

so tuesday night i was out driving around again and i made a right hand turn and my ball joint decided to come apart, the ball joint itself was fine, the bolt that holds the it together wore down enough to let the ball joint fall apart, i was in the middle of a busy road putting my car back together, NOT FUN

so last night again out and about, and my timing belt shredded, the teeth on the belt peeled off, so AGAIN it died

i spent 3 hours puttin on a new timing belt today, then do a little bit of drivng and now my starter won't work, i had to push start my car to get it home

so needless to say i don't want to even look at my car, cause if i fix the starter something else will break and keep breaking and i'll end up purposely runnin it into a tree, i am beyond pissed at my car and have never had this much trouble with it

sorry for the rant, had to get it out

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

WOW that is Crazy Chris , The festiva is still mad for you bringing the Z to Ohiostiva ??

Give it (the Festiva) a bath and a rub down and it should get better .
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Don't get discouraged, man. When something breaks, it just means you get to have fun fixing it. Your Festiva is far to pretty to give up on.
      Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
      Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
      White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
      White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
      Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
      Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
      Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
      White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I go out and read to mine. It's like bonding time and she doesn't feel like I'm just using her.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

When it rains it pours. It could be worst. Look at the bright side
          1. you had a friend that was willing to drive you to get a new nut
          2. Your dad caught the tranny leak before it was too late and you had a spare plug
          3. Your exhaust didn't fall off and hit an other car
          4. The bad ball joint didn't cause an accident
          5. You wont have to change your timing belt for a while
          6. Starters are easy to change
          7. Your luck has got to get better
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Just sit the car down and have a nice long talk.
            Tell it you love it and it doesnt need to act out to get your attention

lol best of luck to you . . . I think your the only person I know that has so many car problems . . . have you considered horse and buggy?lol

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
            92 GL - parts car
            97 aspire - parts car
            87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
            http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
            Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva
              When it rains it pours. It could be worst. Look at the bright side
              1. you had a friend that was willing to drive you to get a new nut
              2. Your dad caught the tranny leak before it was too late and you had a spare plug
              3. Your exhaust didn't fall off and hit an other car
              4. The bad ball joint didn't cause an accident
              5. You wont have to change your timing belt for a while
              6. Starters are easy to change
              7. Your luck has got to get better
              lol you got a good point..... i'm using an F-series so the starter is on the back side of the BP so it's not that easy to get to... and i'll never give up on it, i was just extremely frustrated with it

i went out this morning to make sure it was the starter that went bad and i pulled the main wire off the starter (it was clean) and just re-installed and it started, so i'm a bit happier with it and hopefully nothing else breaks down on me

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Sorry to hear about your luck man... As said, it could always be worse!

Good luck on getting it up and running man!
                Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Wow when it rains it pours. Hopefully you'll have all the bugs out of it before the snow flies! This isn't your month for cars.
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

oh i definately don't have any luck with cars right now

so far today, it's been running/driving good, i do still need to work out a few bugs in the BP like for the first minute after starting it it doesn't want to idle, it's almost as if the choke isn't working, but i'm sure i'll figure it out soon enough

Comment

I like Marcus' take on things. Chris, YOU HAVE A BP POWERED FESTIVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!! Don't worry man. It's new and custom. Once you get the bugs worked out I bet it will be dependable. Most of the fun is yet to come. :thumbright:
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

i know how ya feel :evil:
                        89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                        RIP 90LX

Comment

Wow. That's some pretty bad luck.
                          I have to agree with everyone else when they say that at least you picked up the early warning signs.

Tell you what though, i had a similar thing happen to me as we were starting the motor.
                          The mechanic picked up that the fuel rail was loose, so 'IF' the motor 'WAS' started, i could have been disasterous-
                          and than there was many, many other problems...

I'm just glad you did not hurt yourself, or the car (beyond the little issues).

I also think it's hilarious how many of you guys talk to the car and stuff! I used to hug mine goodnight (to stir the missus)!

Comment

Originally posted by carbonvmax
                            I like Marcus' take on things. Chris, YOU HAVE A BP POWERED FESTIVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!! Don't worry man. It's new and custom. Once you get the bugs worked out I bet it will be dependable. Most of the fun is yet to come. :thumbright:
                            When everything is working the way it should, WOW is it ever fun to drive!!!!!!! i just definatly need new springs :lol: :lol:

and i'm sure it will be dependable once all the bugs are worked out of it, i mean it's a festiva that just had a heart transplant, it needs time to recover :lol: :lol:

Comment

HAHA to top off everything i just got $110 ticket for improper muffler tonight!!!!!!!!

Man this bad luck is getting old REALLY fast!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X