A Shi**y day....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Shi**y day....

Everyone has seen my post in the wanted section for a Festy in the Seattle area. I am super tight on cash and I finally found this guy who has a yard full of them about an hour drive from my house on craigslist. I have been penny pinching to get enough to pick one up. I talked to the guy who had a silver '90 with a straight body, running great, and a clean interior, for $750. Even though I planned on trying to talk him down a bit the price didn't seem too unreasonable. I saw some pics that sent me in my e-mail that looked pretty good but learned very quick that silver paint and a cheap digital camera hide a lot of flaws. So I drive up to his place and take a look at the car, the doors are pretty good, passenger side fender has little dent, key marks up and down both sides, along with a gaping dent in the drivers side quarter panel! - $300. I peer into the interior and notice the rust colored water spots coming through the carpet, the scratched up interior panels, moldy headliner, and interior side of the hatch that looked like it was cleaned with 80 grit sandpaper. The back seat was missing and recently the gas tank had sprung a small leak and needed to be replaced. -$250. He ensured me that it was running great and driving perfect.....the only problem was he had lost the key! I went through all the trouble and got kicked in the a$$. What a bunch of BS. I'll keep looking.

Keep looking and good luck. You'll have better days!

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I saw that one on craigslist too

There is one here in north bend for sale. It's a red 88 4spd for $790 obo
      It's really straight, problem is, the passenger door and hatch are both white. I popped the hood, the engine has got to be the cleanest stock engine I've seen on any car that old. The whole bay is clean but it doesn't look like they've ever had the engine out.
      OX SMASH!!

Comment

Is it a lady who's selling it? I am talking to a lady right now with a red '88. Well, actually, I am having trouble getting a hold of her again.

Comment

Guys, multiple colors just adds to the charm!

Get one that runs well and is solid so it doesn't let you down and forms the basis of a good project car.

Karl

Comment

Can you set me up with the owner of that one in northbend? My e-mail is samplejs@hotmail.com I'd be interested in taking a look if it's still available.

Comment

It's at a tiny dealership next to the lumber yard. Still there as of today.

Sofar I've seen 4 festivas in this area. Mine, a red one that some old lady drives(has flower seat covers), a white one that lives near my house, and the red/white one that just showed up at the dealership one day.

I was considering asking them if I could trade for their rear hatch with the wiper, with how much oil my car is leaking the hatch gets all nasty pretty quick.
              OX SMASH!!

Comment

Do you happen to know the name of the place? I am not too familiar with the places in Northbend. Thanks.

Comment

actually I don't know the name, I just drove by it and the car is down to 595. It's right next to chinook lumber.
                  OX SMASH!!

Comment

Thanks, I'm getting on the phone right now!!!

Comment

Sno -Valley Auto Sales
                      1208 Bendigo Blvd N
                      North Bend, WA 98045 - 8944
                      (425) 888-3616
                      OX SMASH!!

Comment

Hey Sample, go in and take your time, check over a few (more expensive) cars first and then look at the Festy. Then let the nice saleperson talk you into spending your "last four-hundred dollars" * on it. Remember to say, "I don't know about a Festiva, man, it looks way too small..." a few times! Act like you'll be doing him a favor to take it off his hands "with your last four-hundred dollars."

Karl

* or whatever value you want to spend on it/think it's worth

Comment

Hey Sample, go in and take your time, check over a few (more expensive) cars first and then look at the Festy. Then let the nice saleperson talk you into spending your "last four-hundred dollars"
                          Works like a champ! Got my Batstiva 8 years ago for half the asking price simply by downtalking it and walking over and looking at other, higher priced vehicles. :wink:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Hit block in the road. Had to use my festiva fund for a family emergency. Thanks for the help anyway.

-Jeremy

Comment

Working...
                            X