Replaced my tranny this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaced my tranny this weekend

So I did decided to replace my 5-speed tranny this weekend. The old one was chattering. I was able to get one from anomoly40, so thanks to him my car is working again. I had the tranny out of the car in an hour and 15 minutes. I didn't realize they came out that quick. I drove the car out of the shop in 4 hours completely done. I was pretty excited. I had never had anything go so smooth working on a car. I took my time putting the car back together. And it always takes longer to put it back together then to take it apart. Thankfully I had access to nice parts washer and was able to clean the subframe. It looks much nicer. I also cleaned a couple of other things. And I found a socket stuck in the mud/junk in the subframe. I love free tools.

Anyway, I was refilling the tranny and spilled a little fluid on the fender. When I wiped it off, it made the fender shine and look new again. Is that bad for the paint? But just the little rubbing made it look great! Can I do this to my whole car? Or should I use a wax? Because if I can make the car look like that one section of the fender, I am definitely going to get to work.

On a side note. Is anyone interested in a full writeup on how to remove the manual tranny? I can give a full detailed removal process, if someone is interested and then we can put it in the articles section.
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Glad to see the transmission put to good use.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Yeah, do the write up, I am getting ready to do that.. I have my replacement tranny sitting right here by the couch!!!
      Have had 6 Festys... and counting...

My Website:
      http://www.StanfordMotorSports.com

Car Domain:
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/Quaddawg
      My Garage Page:
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/vb...o=view&id=6724

Comment

dang! you beat my record by an hour

if you need any input on that article let me know, ive removed 3 and installed 2 in the last couple weeks
        89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
        RIP 90LX

Comment

Yup, tranny fluid will make your car shiny...and it will attract dirt like crazy. Wash it, de-grease it, wax it.

Comment

I will start the write up. I will post an article in the other's articles section and then feel free to post there and we can improve it.
            The Festiva Store

Comment

OK. I have wrote the article. While writing the article I realized that if someone wrote the procedure on how to change the clutch it would complement this write up. I can do the clutch write up, but I haven't not replaced a festiva clutch for about a year. I did not replace mine because it had less than 3000 miles on it. Also if we cut out certain steps I could make a procedure for how to replace a CV axle.

Anyway, go through the article and see if there are ways we could improve it other than pictures. I didn't take any while I was doing it. IF someone else wants to take pics they are more than welcome too, or I could go get specific ones if people are interested.
              The Festiva Store

Comment

Working...
              X