compression readings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compression readings

tested my compression today on the festiva. got some results that im not to excited about. first time was a dry test and i got

cyl 1 - 150
    cyl 2 - 110
    cyl 3 - 120
    cyl 4 - 150

then i did a wet test squirting some oil into the cylinders and got

cyl 1 - 160
    cyl 2 - 125
    cyl 3 - 130
    cyl 4 - 200

so from those readings i am thinking until i can get a leak test done to know more i think the head gasket is blown between the 2 and 3 cylinders. they are a little low compared to 1 and 4. also im not sure why number 4 jumped so much when i did the wet test. i really hope the head gasket isnt blown and worse yet the head. jjust put a rebuilt head on it about a year ago so im hoping for the best right now.
    Daily Driver: 90 Festiva 5 spd. lime green, brush guard
    Another Toy: 06 Harley Sportster 883, intake and exhaust

Every com test I've done (2) on festiva's, the middle two have been low. I think bad head gaskets to. Is there any oil in your antifreeze? Dark brown to black in the resivor bottle.

David

Comment

yes there is oil in my antifreeze but it has been in there since the head went last year. i just thought i could never get it all out. i guess i may be wrong

Comment

I'm up to 60,000 miles on the bad headgasket. Still running good. Did you replace the head gasket last year? If so did you resurface the head?

David

Comment

yes the head gasket was replaced and the had was resurfaced also

Comment

Working...
          X