sanders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sanders

whats the best electric sander for car bodies? im going to need one before long since its getting cold and i dont want to work on the car in freezing cold lol.

ive been working on all the big stuff when i can that requires the car being outside.

im looking in the $50-100 range
    2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
    1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
    1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
    http://www.aintperfect.com/

i used a vibrating one but it was really slow knocking things down. For big panels with simple curves, i think a belt sander is the real deal. otherwise i think the rotary type would be your best bet
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

Comment

I've always just used one of those rubber disk things in a drill.

Comment

I myself wouldn't use an orbital electric sander, but if you do one brand is good as another. Don't pay 109 for a dawalt, when a firestorm or black and decker will do the same job at the same sanding speed. It just the grit of sandpaper you use that will make the difference. Use 320/400 grit it you just want you scuff to spray over a decent body. I use a dynabrade air sander (dual action) at the job and home.

P.s. don't use a belt sander i couldn't amagine what that bad boy would do on a open flat surface of metal.

Right now I'm in the process of chemically stripping my whole car down to the bare metal. So I'm in the same boat as you (sort of). I'm using some epoxy primer called colar made by Imron with is owned by dupont. Some cool stuff i might say. I'm also going to paint with imron 6000 bc/cc Kenworth tan with a two-tone black which I'm not going to mention in what fashion, but the end result should be ready to look at in person on the spring meet where ever it may be.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        ---------------------------------------------------
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
        X