• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muscle_Car1
    Why 16v???
    you'd fry stuff.

The amperage (cold cranking amps(cca)) are the upgrade not the voltage
    lolwas just wondering cuz imma put in a system (audio)

so i was gonna swtch the alt out and put in a new batttery

stillkindda new so dont mind the stupidity

Comment

I worked at the plant that did the optima prototyping, they are really good batteries. Actually still am in touch with the engineers on that one. you can't believe the amount of time it took to develope the manufacuring techniques. They finally bought another company that was trying to produce the battery and redesigned the whole manufacturing process to make the Optima.
      The original prototypes we made were about 6-7 lbs. the ones to start a Cummins truck diesel were about 10-12 lb.
      A little different design, same principal. Some of the small ones were produced for Jump starters. This Manufacturer was the original developer of gel cells also. It is one of the Majors headquartered in Milw. wi.
      it runs so sweet
      91 L 5spd

Comment

you should check out tekbattery.com they are advertised in bike magazines a lot and say they have auto applications.
        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I happen to know a lot about the optima I worked on the prototype and I know the engineers that developed it. They are working on next generation batteries for the new hybrid cars. They are perfectionists and the optimas are a very good battery. The ones we were originally working on, the prototypes, were about 7 lbs. I know one of the guys had one in his truck for testing a 351w 250 ford.
          The bigger size came about when the battery company bought a plant that was trying to produce what eventually became the "Optima". it is a very good battery and well worth the money.
          it runs so sweet
          91 L 5spd

Comment

Working...
          X