WTF eBay pulled my listing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF eBay pulled my listing

I had 2 Catalytic converters from a Festiva for sale. They were up to $182.50 the last time I checked. I got back from dinner and it was pulled by eBay. I listed them using the exact description as others that sold (copied/pasted) and they still pulled it. How can I get rid of these? I know for a fact that someone is willing to pay because in order for it to get to $182.50 at least 2 guys had to go as high as $180.00 in $2.50 increments.

Any ideas. Anyone on here interested. I will sell cheaper if interested.
    -Bryant

Did you write Ebay to see what the deal is?
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

I believe ebay banned used catalytic converter and which I know California law said it illegal to sell the used catalytic converters, unless it sold to metal company to destroy and recycle it which cannot install used one on cars.

Comment

Here is the response I receive from eBay when they did the same to me:

"Thank you for writing eBay in regard to the ending of your listing.

Your converter must be BROKEN DOWN INTO PIECES, no longer representing a
        functioning catalytic converter and be listed as scrap metal in the
        following category:

Business & Industrial > Manufacturing & Metalworking > Metals & Alloys >
        Other Metals

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply to this
        email and let us know. "

I moved my listing to that category and placed a BIN price so that the auction would end fairly quickly. I believe also if you cut the flange ends off so that the cat can not be reused you will have a better chance of your auction not being pulled.

I told ebay that it is a bunch of crap and that none of these buyer are buying the converters for reuse AND eBay is making a lot of money from the sales of all of these converters. Their response was that they no longer wished to discuss the matter.....
        1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
        2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

^^ Don't know, must depend on who at Ebay is looking, cause I sold a used catalytic converter on there a couple of months ago, and had no problem. At the time I did a search for "used catalytic converters" and there were several pages of them. Not sure what the problem is this time.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
          X