fact or bs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fact or bs

some one told me that the festiva is the 2nd smallest car on the road, the smallest is the smart car. is this true, i thought the classic mini would be the smallest.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

The smallest production car in history was the Peel P50. It makes a Festiva look like a Freightliner. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peel_P50
    Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
    Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
    White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
    White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
    Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
    Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
    Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
    White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

BS

I posted a link to bruce myers(spelling?) micro car museum a while back........the festiva is not even close! I would doubt if it where the 100th smallest car......

Even in northamerica there have been smaller cars yes the classic mini and others where smaller......

Lets not forget the earily honda's that came with little motorcycle engines....

Also there have been a few electric cars that when into production....I know a guy who owns one from the 70's and its half the size of the festiva!
      Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

A Festiva looks huge next to a classic Mini. I have parked next to one before.
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

Isetta, BMW engine, front door with steering wheel attached to door.
          it runs so sweet
          91 L 5spd

Comment

you can run but you can't hide!

BAD BOY! BAD BOY! WATCHYAGONNADO
            it runs so sweet
            91 L 5spd

Comment

Nash Metropolitan is the first to come to my mind. It might be a tad bigger than the Festiva, but not by much.
              Why no, officer. I don't know how fast I was going. My speedometer only goes up to 85...

-'91 Protege AWD "Familia GTX"
              -'93 Festiva "Abomination of Nature" Gone
              -'91 Festiva "The Wifey's ride"

Comment

The Festiva looks pretty big when I park it next to the Midget.

Comment

The subaru justy wieghs less than a festy so my guess is that it's a tad smaller too...i call bs as well
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

that is what i thought to. any of you know where the festiva ranks in the smallest car class

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

How's this for small?
                      It has a chassis, axles, a pivoting suspension and wheels. But it'd be a real squeeze to take it for a spin.
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

My new yellow funtop is a lot smaller than my festiva.

sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I guess you would find the festiva in the smallest car area about like you would find the worlds smallest midget.

I can tell you it's bigger than Kei cars of Japan, bigger than all Micro cars in the Microcar Museum. So it's one of the smaller cars from the Sub-compact class. But not the smallest.

I think the Sport Compact article said something about it being the smallest in the Hybrid how-to article. It's posted in the Turbo engine swap section under the B6T wiring thread.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Here is THE smallet car! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYtro...eature=related
                            Brian
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                            :fish:

Comment

i allredy saw that vid, i want one of those cars, that would be so much fun to have. i love the part where he just about flips it going around the corner.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Working...
                              X