Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rest of the Story

For those who haven't followed 'Im A Newebie"

Afte the rear main oil casting save i found the no 2 cly top piston ring broke...3.8: secton slid ove and widemed the groove...only a suface score in the cyl wall...all cly's were mid factoy spec. Afyer a wek of try local sources for factory dia oistones...I tig welde dthe piston...remachined the piston to5/1000 and stoned the rest...looked like a water stain.

I considered a rebor but did not have the time at work...so busy i only get nights on the machines to re bore...also...if i could not get a new piston..got worried i couldn't get an oversize set....won't go to a local shop either...they won't spend the time to insure the bores are alll the same let alone inline with the crnak....just slightly off and...piston slap...wrist pin bind....con rod failure...valve tap..I want another 50K

While waiting spent the week cleaning threads and parts.
    Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
    The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

You in a hurry?

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

no...not in a hurry...not at all.
      When waiting on parts and only tools to use for the night are the degreasing tank or wire wheel...the bourbon goes down way to quickly
      When I hit a 1/2 bottle a night...it's time to move on.
      Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
      The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Man I'm sorry but try spell checker. We are almost all really nice here. And we like newbies, but I had to reread several times. There are at least 15 misspellings.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
        X