No announcement yet.

How slow is the Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just wondering because it seems like the Festiva has really good acceleration off the line, but seems to be sluggish after that. Not that I race in the streets or anything like that, but sometimes when I want to gun it off the line, other small cars end up passing me without even trying.

Comment

Originally posted by geezerstiva
      know this from experience fresh? :lol:
      i
      Yes sir :wink:
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

for shame freshtiva, for shame. :lol: I had my speedo buried on my 93 5 speed. The tach kept climbing. Then the speedo started bouncing off the stop. Then the wipers started hopping. I used to guess that experience at 110- 115. Somebody here posted they got clocked on radar (by a cop friend) doing 113. That will soon be a fading memory after I get my BP in. :twisted:
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by carbonvmax
          for shame freshtiva, for shame. :lol: I had my speedo buried on my 93 5 speed. The tach kept climbing. Then the speedo started bouncing off the stop. Then the wipers started hopping. I used to guess that experience at 110- 115. Somebody here posted they got clocked on radar (by a cop friend) doing 113. That will soon be a fading memory after I get my BP in. :twisted:
          Sounds like my daily ride in to school! who needs coffee when you can have adrenaline?
          and i don't have a tach, I can just hear it keep going after that point :p

coming along our road one time i could tell a guy in a BMW Z3 wanted to go fast... i kept in front of him through a series of turns and short straight sections, and then we hit a long straight peice he passed me and i was maxed out in 4th. I wanted to find him and ask him how fast we were going just so i could know
          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Now I feel guilty Nate. You're young. I'm a bad influence. For real, be careful. I'm sure maxed out in 4th is gettin' it in your b6.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

it was the B3, but maxed on the B6 should be about the same b/c thats getting up towards redline (i think?)... i haven't maxed the B6 out in 4th though, i've pegged the speedo a few times but not kept going past that much...

and don't feel bad its not your fault i like to say "i speed responsibly", even though i know that can't be true, and saying i do it every morning on the way to school is a bit of an exaggeration... its just some mornings when i feel like skeeter needs to let it loose, lol.
              ~Nate

Current cars:
              91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

I hammered down tonight going up the twisties toward hot springs in the accord. I do like that car. It is refined and tame (boring and invisible) until you get the RPM's up. Then it really is fun. I passed a metro that was doing pretty good. I of course left him, but he must have been ragging it hard. I still want a ride in skeeter!

Comment

i smashed an accord a while back... only real race i've done (i try to keep away from street racing..) he was trying to pass me at one point and laughing at me, we were rolling up to a stop light, almost stopped probably doing 5mph or so... light turned green, i hammered on it.. by the time i was shifting for 3rd he was several car lengths behind me, i got over into the right lane (his lane) and started to slow down for the next red light and he got in the left land and blew right threw the red light... people don't' like to get beat by a festiva! (that, of course, was w/ the B6).

I've had so many people @ work try to buy my car... i tell everyone $5k, but even if someone pulled out $5k in cash idn if i could do it :p

i have exams up thru Thursday then i'm out of school! let me know if you will be doing any work on your project between then and Christmas time and i will come down, give you a ride a skeeter and help you FINALLY get started on your swap :p
                  ~Nate

Current cars:

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Nice kill! At 5k you could get another festiva a build a wrx killer! I am going to start parting the aspire friday afternoon. I do have a guy offering to buy the whole thing though. If I get enough for it I could buy the aspire brakes and make a profit. :twisted: Me and my horse trading. :roll: Rick has been leaning on me to start the swap. I'll hollar at you when we get it rolling. :thumbright: He garage is sweet!!

Comment

yea, i know at $5k i could build an awesome festiva, but i've put so much time into skeeter it would be heart breaking! lol

i say, pull the aspire brakes off, put the festiva brakes back on the aspire, and sell it. it'll still stop, just a little slower! XD
                      Are you planing on doing things up fancy and painting everything and what not? if not, i bet you could be done w/ the swap in 2hrs if there are two of you that know what your doing. most of my time during the aspire swap/ B6 swap was spent cleaning and prepping, not actually doing the swaps themselves!

Should be a fun swap though, the brakes and the engine, if you have a nice shop all the better! I'm feeling the need for another project! well, except i guess my brothers new car will be a project for now... i'm sorta excited about the 1.6 turbo diesel! did you see that thread?
                      ~Nate

Current cars:

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Yeah I saw it. That paint is hilarious! :lol: I know what I'm doing pretty well. Rick really knows his stuff though. He has a B6 festiva too btw. He had it almost 10 years ago!! He'll love to see skeeter.

Comment

Well with the B6 SOHC in my car, at the track w/o nitrous I ran a best on street tires of 16.010 @ 82.03 mph, I hit the 1/8 mile mark at 10.127 @ 67.73 so I would guess and say high 8's low 9's 0-60.. But have no conclusive evidence. It is much peppier than the stock B3 but not fast by any means.. -Kyle
                          Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

yea, when people ask "is it fast?" i say "not fast, just quick". I figure w/ the PnP, mild exhaust and cone air filter (still haven't found a good pipe for my CAI) i'm probably at around 90 hp... its about on par with a stock civic CRX i would say... quick but not "fast", but it so much fun to drive i don't' care too much, if it was too fast i would get in trouble i'm sure.. lol.
                            ~Nate

Current cars:

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Yup, you should take it to the track to get some numbers so I have something to compare mine to!
                              Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

There is a kid that was seen at Coles county raceway , He has ran a 10.0 in the 1/8th with his B3 .
                                I have some pics , he has been here but I have no idea what his name is .
                                His car is very light , I do know that .
                                ------------------------------------------------
                                The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                                Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                                HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                                Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                                Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                                Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                                Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                                90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                                It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Working...
                                X