Tempting B6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tempting B6

I made it to the yards today... they had a side t-body B6 thats really tempting... 130k kms / 80k miles... oil looked dirty. But someone took the dist and it looked golden inside.. The outside of the engine was really clean, no leaking oil (first time ive seen a clean b6, and im always looking) The inside of the car was absolutely mint. auto trans.. obviously granny owned... it was written off my mpi cause it was rear ended.

hummmmmmm
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

Get it before water starts getting in from the disty being removed...
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Go and get it. !!! Keep us update if you buy it.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6˝ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

I dunno guys... i cant make up my mind. Its really tempting... if i go B6 this is the style i want. I just cant make up my mind weather or not to upgrade.. I read too many threads about guys getting much lower gas milage with the b6... i duno
        RIP 90LX

Comment

What do you have to lose, your mileage already sucks...............

Comment

Alright, whatcha think guys?

RIP 90LX

Comment

I've done the B6 swap and around town fuel consumption hasn't changed. It's actually a bit better on the highway. I'd say go for it!!
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

^- what kind of #s?

What do you guys think about the condition under the v/c? Whats with the redish/brown valve cover?
                RIP 90LX

Comment

go for it, the motor looks very nice, just needs a wash lol

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                  1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch
                    go for it, the motor looks very nice, just needs a wash lol
                    X2

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6˝ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

red color = oil additives, no worries. looks super clean, go for it.
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Near as I can tell, it looks like mine did.

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                        X