• Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
    I want one in MPH...
    you could just learn to drive in metric instead lol

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
    92 GL - parts car
    97 aspire - parts car
    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

• cleaning seat covers properly

The other was not too bad, but I was in a hurry as usual.
      Next time I hit the wrecking yards,
      I will take my digital camera.
      I have seen lots of stuff that is considered rare in this thread, which I have left behind.

As for seat covers, the only way to clean them is to snip the hog rings off.
      I use a mini compound Record 909 compact cutter.
      Hand wash them a few minutes in a pail.
      The water will be black as night.
      Then wash them in a washing machine.
      The water should be a disgusting gray.
      You will have to buy some hog rings and a hog ring pliers.
      I use GM hog rings because they are cheap.
      The GM part number os 31022646.
      They come in plastic bags now and not in cardboard boxes, like the good old days.
      I use a pair of Blue Point hog ring pliers.
      You will grab and pull the fabric and crimp the rings on in the reverse order that you removed them.
      The more you do, the faster you will get.
      I guarantee that you will not believe how clean and fresh your seats will be.

A lot of manufacturers are now shooting foam in place.
      The seats are on a merry-go-round and the urethane is injected so that it adheres to the plastic backing of the seat covers. You may never take them off for cleaning.
      I also hate how plastic lens covers on headlights get dull so fast on new cars.
      That's two reasons why I'd rather fix up my Festiva.

Comment

• striped seats

No one gave me a definitive answer the first time. Are these the rare striped sport seats that were mentioned at the beginning of this thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          No one gave me a definitive answer the first time. Are these the rare striped sport seats that were mentioned at the beginning of this thread?

http://bwbronze.com/festiva/stripe3.jpg
          Yes, that is the Sport interior. I hope you grabbed the door panels to match.
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

• BTW, those seat covers you had washed then sold to me looked like new! The washing machine trick really DOES work! I had some vinyl sewn on the side of the drivers cover where the piping and side had cracked, and they look great.

Michael
            Have owned 9 so far
            White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
            Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
            Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
            Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
            Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

• rare items

I took only one set of sport interior door panels. I should have taken both, as well as the other set of seat covers.
              I will keep an eye out next time for all the rare items described at the beginning of this thread.
              I recently learned about the rails for the underseat tray.
              I thought the tray just sat on the carpet under the seat.
              I even left spoilers behind.
              Not any more.

I will go two days ahead of the Woodward dream cruise to hit every junkyard between Toronto and Detroit. I know what to look for now.

I am still working on my $248 eBay Festiva:
              Check out my Geo Storm wheels...

Comment

• WELL! That dual carb setup is just too cool for words to describe! Are you using a different cam with that setup?

Michael
                Have owned 9 so far
                White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
                Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
                Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
                Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
                Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

• dual carb

I installed an FMS "performance" cam, but after reading some articles in the forums here, I am led to believe that the racing cam would have been a better choice.

Had I had known that the vacuum pot on the second carb hit the fuel pump, I would have bought that roller rocker setup that was on eBay recently. I am forced to reinstall an electric pump which I sold when I had the Weber on.

Now I'm stuck with an 89 (small flange) gas tank in a 93 Festiva.
                  I changed my mind and am going to install a spoiler on my Festiva.
                  I want it to look like a Murano that was cut in half and shortened.

No one said anything about my Geo Storm wheels.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    No one said anything about my Geo Storm wheels.
                    I was too busy drooling over the carb set up!!!
                    Brian
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                    :fish:

Comment

• those storm wheels are awesome. 14s? Man there was a storm at the yards... to bad they pull off aloys during processing and scrap them (worth more that way apparently)
                      89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                      RIP 90LX

Comment

• ^^I was at the local yard last summer and he had a ton of 13 and 14 aluminum rims laying around...$10 a pop...$12 to pull the tire....when I went this past fall to get some...al gone...sold for scrap.
                        Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                        The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

• 10 a pop? thats NUTS! It sucks how they wont even talk about selling them here.
                          89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                          RIP 90LX

Comment

• antenna delete

The antenna delete would be perfect for a Festiva equipped with a six foot whip antenna at the back.
                            You should be able to spot the pirate flag from anywhere within the giant mall parking lots.

Comment

• mazdaspeed oil filler cap

I bought the last one in the showcase of my nearby Mazda dealer.
                              It is machined from billet aluminum, and anodized.
                              It is very heavy and has a rubber seal to keep the oil from getting out all over the top of the engine.
                              I recommend it as the perfect replacement over the cheap stock plastic cap.

Comment

• green spoiler

I passed on a Cayman Green Metallic spoiler at the wreckers.
                                When I returned a month later, guess which of the four Festivas was gone!

Instead, I had to get a nice black one at another yard.

Here are the before and after painting shots.
                                Sorry for offending anyone with a black Festiva.

Comment

Working...
                                X