Rare Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rare Parts

I bet they are. Everything else about these cars is pretty much the same, so I'd be willing to bet you would find a place to mount the headrests if you pulled the foam forward. My only question then is, who is so short in the back seat as to need a headrest?
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• I don't believe the mounting tubes are part of the rear seat frame for North America.
      I believe we could cut out and weld some in from the front seats. Here is a better shot of the headrests. Can someone from Australia tell us if the rear headrests are adjustable up and down, like the front ones?

Comment

• Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
        I bet they are. Everything else about these cars is pretty much the same, so I'd be willing to bet you would find a place to mount the headrests if you pulled the foam forward. My only question then is, who is so short in the back seat as to need a headrest?
        I've always removed rear headrests from my cars anyway. They just block your view!
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts
        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
          Freshtiva -

No, that isn't it. My local Ford parts guy (a Festiva owner himself) kindly photocopied about 50 pages of the Festiva parts manual (sadly, with about 98% of the parts showing as being discontinued....) and one of those pages showed emblem types 1 - 7.

Type 1 the standard Ford emblem
          Type 2 "Festiva"
          Type 3 "LX"
          Type 4 "L"
          Type 5 "Festiva" and "L" (2 separate pieces)
          Type 6 "Festiva" and "LX" (2 separate pieces)
          Type 7 "Festiva" and "L PLUS" (2 separate pieces)

I asked what the difference was between a Type 2 "Festiva" and a Type 7 "Festiva" because in the drawing from the parts book the script "Festiva" looks exactly the same. Why would Ford show 2 different typs of "Festiva" badges if they were the same thing. Must be the only difference is just some of the types you got a single emblem and some of them you got two? Not a big deal. Just curious if anybody knew.
          do you happen to still have these pages at all?
          Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
          Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
          Highway - 7.32L/100km
          City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
            I don't believe the mounting tubes are part of the rear seat frame for North America.
            I believe we could cut out and weld some in from the front seats. Here is a better shot of the headrests. Can someone from Australia tell us if the rear headrests are adjustable up and down, like the front ones?

Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
            do you happen to still have these pages at all?
            Sir, just answer the question please.

If I had copies of 50 pages of Festiva stuff that is obsolete and no use, I wouldn't waste time scanning and uploading it. How about you do ME a favor and scan your austrailian haynes manual so I can look for discrepancies.
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
              Maybe one was the FESTIVA L and the second one FESTIVA LX. Ive got a dozen of them and they all look the same, besides the L / LX thing. There is the AUS version too.
              Where did you get the mini-mask?

Avg Economy:
              Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

I have a couple of them. I wish there was a good spot on the Festiva to mount a 10 foot whip antenna. Unfortunately, there isn't and we all have to put up with that little antenna that hides in the A-pillar. I have never bothered to get the tray that takes the place of the radio.
                how much do you want for a delete plate?

Avg Economy:
                Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

I don't believe the mounting tubes are part of the rear seat frame for North America.
                  i can confirm, with my split seats, the rear headrests aren't adjustable, just the fronts.. i believe the kias in the philippines did have. if there are other types of rear seats that look different to mine, i'll let you know.

Avg Economy:
                  Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                    Sir, just answer the question please.

If I had copies of 50 pages of Festiva stuff that is obsolete and no use, I wouldn't waste time scanning and uploading it. How about you do ME a favor and scan your austrailian haynes manual so I can look for discrepancies.
                    If i could or if i found a pfd link, i would, but i don't and haven't yet.. but i have been able to get this if it will help you.

The only reason i asked was, because i'd like to see what was available (at the time of printing) and to be honest, there might be clues to parts that we can get from other cars and models.. model numbers are great hint providers.
                    Last edited by jawbraeka; 03-24-2013, 08:41 AM.

Avg Economy:
                    Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• I have been looking through all the Ford parts warehouses from coast to coast and have found that you can buy every single piece of an NOS factory A/C system. That isn't rare. Do you really want to know what rare is? Try finding a tail light gasket!
                      E8BZ-13A495-A.

Comment

• The tail light gasket doesn't seem like a service part. Might be used for rear end collision repair but a shop would just order the parts for that.
                        I forgot what the obsolescence date was for keeping service parts around but the gaskets probably last longer than that.
                        ~Austin
                        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• The rarest of rare parts, if it even exists, is an orange-lettered 110 mph tach cluster. The orange-lettered 110 mph clusters were only found on 1988-89 UK Mazda 121s. Even when knew, 121s were a rare sight in the UK due to poor sales. Today there are only a handful left in existence, probably less than 150. Of those, only a small fraction have the orange lettering.

I spent several years trying to find one of these elusive orange tach clusters, and was only partially successful. I obtained an orange 110 mph cluster, but it did not have a tach. The best I could do was look at poor photographs on eBay and similar sites in hopes of glimpsing one, but all I found were a few inconclusive yet promising photos of 121 dashes.

I eventually settled for a far more common white letter Pride cluster, but being OCD I wanted one that went with my '89L's orange-lettered interior and had a tach. Unfortunately my quest was unsuccessful, and the chances of finding one now is probably nil.

The second rarest parts would be from a Japanese Festiva GTX. An enterprising former member imported an entire GTX front end once, I wonder where it is now.

And of course, the Mazda PN 1.7L diesel engine, available in overseas Mazda 323s. Essentially a bolt-in swap for the Festiva, I believe two have been imported.

Then again, maybe more of these parts have surfaced in my 2 year absence, making them not so rare?

Anyway, sorry for reviving a dead thread...
                          White '89L auto - Sold!
                          Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

• This rare beauty just ended on Ebay UK. Wonder if it was orange clustered?

http://tinyurl.com/p4u9vp4
                            '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
                            '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
                            '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                            '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
                            '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
                            '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                            '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

• Originally posted by David88 View Post
                              This rare beauty just ended on Ebay UK. Wonder if it was orange clustered?

http://tinyurl.com/p4u9vp4

Although the dash shot isn't the greatest, I would put money on the lettering being orange. IIRC, 1990 was the introduction of white lettering, although the orange stuck around for a few more years.

Unfortunately, it looks like another tachless cluster though...

I wouldn't mind packing the whole car in a shipping container and sending it here, if I had the time/money/patience to coordinate such a thing...

-Tim
                              White '89L auto - Sold!
                              Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

• Hello Tim good to hear from ya, in my case I would like to have that Red interior.
                                An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Working...
                                X