07 Nissan Sentra.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 Nissan Sentra.

While we were on vacation we had an 07 Nissan Sentra as our rental car, and I've got to say that I'm impressed as hell with it.

It was a 2.0L version, with the CVT transmission. That combination was absolute magic. I've heard people say all kinds of things about CVTs, but none of it seemed to be true. The car was smooth, responsive, and had power exactly when you needed it.

Heck, I didn't even realize it was a CVT for the first hour I was driving it. I just thought it was a really smooth automatic.

Next bonus in this car...it had more mileage than my 06 Toyota Matrix, but had less rattles and squeaks, and better power. I guess I know where I'll be shopping for a new car next time.

Jim

(I guess I know where I'll be shopping for a new car next time.) a festiva? lol. i drove a cvt go cart and it was cool it was only 150 cc and it hauls ass. i was towing 2 junior dragster and kids in them then me (220lbs 6.5 ft tall) and a adult but it still went like stink. they are a cool trans. as soon as you drop in speed they get more torque and you are back up to speed.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

yup. Toyota quality has plummeted in the last 5 years. Under Carl Gohsen, both Nissan and Renault (owns Nissan) have made steady improvements over the last 7 years.
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I agree. My next new vehicle will be a Titan. :wink:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I just bought a new 08 Nissan Versa Hatchback for my wife for Christmas and I LOVE IT! Mine has the 6 speed manual trans, but they are available with the CVT and get almost the same real world mileage as the manual. Nissan is building a nice quality car in the Versa and Sentra and I got mine for under $12K. I challenge you to find a better value in a new car.
          1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
          2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

Working...
          X