getting discourged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting discourged

well, I'm getting pretty fed up with my car right now, not only is the front end falling off it, (which I at least have all new parts to go on for) but now today I noticed that one of my calipers is leaking fluid.........great. I really don't have the time/money/patience to be fixing this car all the time like this, I just put new calipers on 3 years ago and ones shot all ready, I also replaced a leaking wheel cylinder a month ago that was put on at the same time as the calipers, jesus, whats next, my 3spd? :x I'm tellin ya, things better get better with this thing soon or I'm out, I have a buddy that loves my car and wants it but I know he's a knob and will wreck it in about a week from womping on it, so I don't want him touching it.........I don't want to part with it and see it for years to come driving around, plus I love this car but I mean, its letting me down too much, how come nobody elses car is falling apart as much as mine is, I'm always on hear with some problem that nobodys herd of or something, ANYHOW, I just had to vent that because its REALLY cold up hear right now and I have to replace my whole front end in -10C weather outside..........awesome. :?

At least your gas tank isn't leaking.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

It sounds like you are using cheap parts. You may want to try more expensive parts like NAPA.

David

Comment

all my parts are actually napa

Comment

NAPA isn't expensive...I'm in their 2 or more times a month and just asked for a discount...now I pay less than the commercial retailers for better parts. NAPA gives a 10% discount to AAA members.

Leaking Wheel cylinders... Maybe it time to purge the brake circuits...i little contaimination (dirt) will destroy the seals....I always found brake fluid warms the hands and sooths the skin in cold weather.
          Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
          The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

that's just it, i keep up with all aspects of maintenance for this car, the brakes get bled every 2 years to keep water out so this was just a blatant failure, I'm hoping my confidence in the car will go up a few points when I put all my front end parts on this weekend, the caliper will have to wait till after Christmas/newyears so I can actually pay the man for the parts LOL

Comment

Well.. that's the problem, you are taking TOO good care of it, and now it's spoiled... (just kidding, I feel your pain) Car parts don't seem to be what they used to be...
              Have had 6 Festys... and counting...

My Website:
              http://www.StanfordMotorSports.com

Car Domain:
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/Quaddawg
              My Garage Page:
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/vb...o=view&id=6724

Comment

Originally posted by quaddawg
                Car parts don't seem to be what they used to be...
                Amen to that. While buying my last water pump I was standing at the parts counter fiddling with the pump and the impeller came off in my hand. Parts stores will give you a life time warranty and replace the part when it fails but if its a hard part to replace the free replacement hardly covers the trouble it causes you to replace it.
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva
                  Parts stores will give you a life time warranty and replace the part when it fails but if its a hard part to replace the free replacement hardly covers the trouble it causes you to replace it.
                  amen to that, they should have to come replace the part for free too, and I get to kick them in the back while there doing it too :twisted: , that would be fair

Comment

^ for real!!
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by funky technician
                      the brakes get bled every 2 years to keep water out
                      Not to throw salt on the wound...but...bleeding is to get the air out, not the water....if you have water coming out, your seals are destined to fail from steam boiling out or the internal rust being pushed through.

Also...bleeding is not considered nornmal brake maintenance...it should only be performed when the circuit has be breeched or if symptons indicate (spongey) such.

Just think of how well off you'll be when all the work is done...also...you could be making routine car payments or buy a few parts once in a while.
                      Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                      The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

10% for AAA huh? good to know!
                        '89L 5spd swap complete! (rusty red)
                        '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4/4.0 auto (musty maroon)
                        '05 Buell XB9SX Lightning (hero blue)

Comment

Originally posted by jglutz
                          Also...bleeding is not considered nornmal brake maintenance...it should only be performed when the circuit has be breeched or if symptons indicate (spongey) such.
                          ????

Actually, most manufacturers recommend that your brake fluid be changed/flushed once every two years or 30k miles. Brake fluid is hydroscopic (absorbs moisture), and will become laden with excess water content fairly rapidly. The heat genereated by normal braking helps to dry the fluid, but is only so effective. Also, as the calipers/wheel cylinders/master cyinder exercise, small particles of the seals do separate, and float around in the fluid. To prevent corrosion from moisture and scoring from floating debris, the fluid should be exchanged at a regular interval. This becomes even more critical with modern anti-lock brakes, traction control, stability control, electronic brake force distribution, and hybrid vehicle braking systems (very subseptible to moistue contamination since the friction brakes are used less aggressively).
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Don't get discouraged. I'm sort of in the same boat right now. I've got a lot of work to do, but no time to do it, and worse yet, no place to do it.

Just bide your time and it'll work itself out.

Jim

Comment

I feel your pain, it's been about month since all my problems, felt like i had to work on my car to drive it for the day

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                              X