junkyard score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• junkyard score

came out to pennsylvania were my roommate lives and we went to the junkyard today to find me an aspire swap for my festiva. found five aspires in the yard and pulled the swap off a 95 with 70k on it. got the front brakes setup and the rear axle for 60$. then i got 5 rims with 4 tires at 75% or better and 1 tire with about 25% tread left for another 60$. not too bad for my whole swap and tires and rims. i also got a set of map pockets for 2$. hopefully also getting another set of map pockets and a set of door panels off a gl. there were 3 festivas at the yard and two of them where gl's. also 2 of them had A/C. pretty good pickings for someone if they wanted some harder to find stuff. just thought i would share my score for the day though
    Daily Driver: 90 Festiva 5 spd. lime green, brush guard
    Another Toy: 06 Harley Sportster 883, intake and exhaust

sweet!!

any Aspire SE's???.......
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

not for sure what for models the aspires were but if we head back at all i will check for sure

Comment

Where in PA?
        Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
        The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

new ringold,pa

Comment

Was that EZ Pull and Save?

I love that yard, except their don't put their cars up very well (it's usually only the front half or the back half)... That's good, unless you need something from the side that's down.

There is a backroad that runs you right up into Hazleton where Harry's U Pull It is... It's about a 30 minute drive, but it's one of the biggest yards in the world (www.wegotused.com)... There's also another yard out Route 61 that I've been to once. They had a really nice white GL when I went. I think it's something AtoZ Pull or something.

I want to make my rounds here sometime. I've got lots of free time now, so I want to start at Harry's in Hazleton, move to EZ Pull, stop by AtoZ and then hit the Harry's down towards Philly.
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

ya it was EZ pull and save. they dont do the greatest job of putting the cars up but the aspire was so light we just lifted the backend and stacked some old tires and rims underneath it so the back was in the air. it helped get the job done at least.

Comment

theres actually 5 festivas unless they scrapped 2 since i was up there last.
                91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
                00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
                88 gtx
                74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

we only found 3: a red GL a blue GL and a blue L

Comment

Working...
                  X