New Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy

Hey everyone I am a new guy. I have been coming to this site for a few years for info, I just found my Festiva Project I am picking it up on Tuesday. Its a Black 5 speed, very clean.

I also have a Ford Focus.

Mods to Focus.
    EVO Carbon Hood, Wings West WRC Wing, Wings West Avenger Front Bumper, ST200 Wheels, Brimbo Brakes, Air Intake, Apexi Exhaust, FC Header, FR Tail Lamp, RS short Shifter, SVT Pedals, SVT Grille, RS Shift Knob, Tein Lowering Springs, Goodridge brake lines etc...

I am looking to build my festiva to about 220hp with a B6t motor swap. Any info on where to get a GTR clip or a good B6t would be great.

Mike
    Mike S.
    2000 Focus ZX3
    1989 Festiva

Welcome aboard.

South Cali Festiva owners seems to be a rare bunch on the forum, or they are lurking a bit more.
    Rich Norman
    5 Festivas:
    1992 L - Daily Driver
    1993 GL-Off-Road Buggy Subaru EJ20DET
    1988 L - Big Block Ford Pro-Street
    1992 L - Corvette LS7 drivetrain
    1991 L - Parts Car

Comment

I got my front clip from www.raceup.com.
      http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708975

http://p074.ezboard.com/ffordfestiva...picID=92.topic

Comment

welcome FaNG!

(Fxxxin' New Guy)
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

i have a B6T for sale buddy.

check this out!

Comment

Also in SoCal. Have had the Festiva in the family since new in 91. Have the FMS springs on GR2's, mazda 323 wheels, short shifter, Whiteline rear swaybar.

Other daily driver is my wagon:

Comment

^^^ wtf? Are thos alloys? They look badass! Car looks mint man
              Wil
              02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
              00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
              05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
              93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
              96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
              93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

Alloys on both cars! The Festiva has Mazda 323 alloys. I've seen them on ebay for pretty cheap. With 175/60/13 they rub a bit on the strut in the rear. A Pepboys spacer took care of that. 175/50-13, no rubbing whatsoever.

The Subaru is on 17x7.5 Rota Tarmacs.

Comment

Welcome.
                  :cat:
                  Proud former owner of a shineee blue '93 Festiva L. Marvin will be missed.

Comment

Hey Arnie,

How'd you get your pic in your post without a link to some site?

You should be able to do this on this site and I'm glad to see someone did. Probably more of you did, but I'm still a FNG, so throw an old guy a bone 8)

Your Festiva looks pretty cool. I haven't seen a yellow one before, is that a stock color?

Anyone see a Tropical blue Festiva with the bumpers painted the same blue too? Mine is that way and all the other light blue ones I have seen are the dull gray. Is this a special color coding or something? :scratch:

Thanks!
                    Rob "BossMan" Petty

Comment

thanks bossman! Yeah, yellow was a stock color on the L's and LPlus's. I've never seen a full bumper yellow festiva. Don't think they made one. I've only seen the tropical blue with the grey bumpers. I've only seen fully factory painted one's in white and red. I love our Festiva. If it had A/C I would drive it every day, but its too damn hot in the summer so I just use it at night when club hopping or when I know I'll need the superior parking ability.

If you have your pics hosted some place, you can use the image tags "Img" to wrap the url of your image. I have my images hosted on my webhost. I just open my image in a window, copy and past the link in my text block and click on the Img button.

Comment

yeah, my Black Festiva started out POP Yellow as well... POP yellow was an L only color. Here is the color info.. http://www.fordfestiva.com/aboutford...lortrimsel.htm

Comment

Originally posted by FB71
                          welcome FaNG!

(Fxxxin' New Guy)
                          Jim u read my mind.... good thing u also awnsered my mind's question! LOL

Comment

Hey XP,

Thanks for the color code! Mine is the Aqua "Solid" ('92) I'm assumeing that the "Solid" means the bumpers were also painted to match.

Thanks again for the color code! :salute:

Rob
                            Rob "BossMan" Petty

Comment

Working...
                            X