• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh im BAD

:twisted:
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

Nice torque converter on it! Too bad you'll be chucking it.

Kevin

Comment

OK, I will be the first to ask the obvious. What is it??? :dontknow:

Oh, and Merry Xmas!!
      1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
      2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

guess that wasnt the best pic.

its a later model B6

RIP 90LX

Comment

ill buy that crank shaft pulley off you
          please!!
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
          Paulbarrera12.com
          Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

how come it is in the back of a truck and not in the back of your festiva?
            90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
            BEFORE AFTER

Comment

^^Good for hauling, not much for a work space??? :lol: :lol:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by xanthinic12
                ill buy that crank shaft pulley off you
                please!!

humm.. i can use my festiva pulley, right? Cause im not using the p/s pump so i shouldn't need it. As-long as my festiva pulley will work on the crank shaft i wont need it.

Same goes for the torque converter, p/s pump, and anything else i wont need. Theres only 80k on the motor so these should be decent used parts.
                RIP 90LX

Comment

The A/C pulley should seperate from the crank one.
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

^^ Ok, ill see

It power steering, not A/C btw, if it makes a diffrence.

Also dose anyone know if the auto 323 starter will work with the fest MTX? Cause its brand new!
                    RIP 90LX

Comment

I ran an interchange on the starter, and there isn't a difference between auto and manual starters. There is no crossover as far as ACDELCO is concerned anyway.

So, your best bet is to get the two starters together to see if they look any different....oops, hang on....doesn't the auto starter mount differently and have a reverse rotation compared to the manual one?

Comment

From the first picture, I see the starter is mounted just like a Festiva ATX application. Therefore, it would turn like one, the opposite direction from an MTX starter. So no, it won't work.

Does anyone know why Festiva ATX and MTX starters are like that? My guess is that there is no room for a top mounted (easier to get to) ATX starter due to the larger ATX bellhousing size, or perhaps, something on the top of the ATX housing that couldn't be moved elsewhere to make room for a starter.

I'm thinking it's possible that a 323 B6 ATX starter would work on the Festiva application. I can't recall what I did with the ATX starter on the B6 I pulled from the 'yard. I should check on this.

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I just checked Rockauto.com:

Festiva and Aspire starters are the same for both MTX and ATX.

Mazda 323s are different, however, the starter solenoid appears to be the same part as the Festiva/Aspire.

Kia Rio '01: no match. I had to look though.

Karl
                          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

yeah they pulleys seperate, they have a different bolt patteren then a b3
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
                            Paulbarrera12.com
                            Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

Yea, you can see the starter in the first pic. It mounted the other way. Now that i think about it it obviously wont work. Too bad, its all nice and shiny!

Kind off topic but will my festiva mtx flywheel work on the B6?

Originally posted by xanthinic12
                              yeah they pulleys seperate, they have a different bolt patteren then a b3
                              I pulled it off. its one piece.
                              RIP 90LX

Comment

Working...
                              X