would this fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would this fit?

it is a 2L so i dont know if it is a b6t. maby it is a b2t :twisted: even better. would it fit in a festiva? http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/car/514519018.html

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Different engine family, may fit, but not without a lot of creativity. Pretty sweet car though. Why not buy it and leave it intact?
    Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
    Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
    White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
    White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
    Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
    Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
    Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
    White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Short answer NO, not without a lot of fabbing and work.
      1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
      2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

do you know if it is awd or just fwd, fat chance it will be awd but you never know...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

F2T engine, not AWD
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

ok thanks

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

whoops, might be an FE engine, Not F2
              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

im thinking of buying it and selling it when i have fixed it up a bit for some extra money buy it says it needs a rear strut. how hard would it be to find a rear strut with the Electronically Switchable "Performance mode suspension" thing on it, or did all of them have that?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch
                  im thinking of buying it and selling it when i have fixed it up a bit for some extra money buy it says it needs a rear strut. how hard would it be to find a rear strut with the Electronically Switchable "Performance mode suspension" thing on it, or did all of them have that?
                  might prove to be almost impossible to find one of the electronically switchable struts if so equipped unless the dealer still has some (probably not though). Like someone else mentioned, if you got extra cash I would buy it and just restore it, that looks very unique/rare and I have never seen one before as I will probably never see one again due to them becoming even more increasingly rare.

Comment

Struts dealer only item, not cheap!

Comment

Re: would this fit?

Originally posted by sasquatch
                      it is a 2L so i dont know if it is a b6t. maby it is a b2t :twisted: even better. would it fit in a festiva? http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/car/514519018.html
                      I once had a teacher who said "You can put any engine into any car as long as you are good with a cutting torch and a welder.

Comment

yup. Anything can be accomplished with enough heat and force (torch and hammer!)
                        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

i phoned the guy and he said that there is water in the struts and when it freezes outside then they dont move. dose it just need seals or what?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

those struts are not rebuildable. they need to be replaced. You can replace them with standard struts, and just not have the electronically switched valving. That's what we used to do with TBird Turbo Coupes, XR7 Cougars and Probe GTs
                            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

OR i could go to tein shocks with ajustable damp $$$$ lol. i can get ones from a junk yard and when i find some good electric ones i can swap them. or just have front damp control lol

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Working...
                              X