Festiva weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva weight

Has anyone here actually weighed their festiva? How light do you think I can make it?
    jdm impreza wrx
    1990 LX 5spd

**SIGHS** :dontknow:
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

1787 plus minus 40 lbs for A/C components...some people have weighted at their race weights, probably around the area of 1600 without driver
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      ---------------------------------------------------
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

after I removed the Hood, interior, dash, wheels, axels, rear axel beam, front hubs and engine and trans it was really light.
        Not fast, just light.
        it runs so sweet
        91 L 5spd

Comment

1988 L was listed as 1728lbs dry
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

...and 1734.5 pounds soaking wet!

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

ok, I just realized the dump near our garage at UMass has a scale for weighing trash trucks coming in and out. I am going to put the festiva on it.
              jdm impreza wrx
              1990 LX 5spd

Comment

sweet
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

1600 - 1800 stock weights that I've seen on my festys.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

i little bit off topic but does any motor swap weigh it down, if so by how much

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Sasquatch asked:

"i little bit off topic but does any motor swap weigh it down, if so by how much?"

My guess is that the B6 would be slightly lighter than the B3 and is the lightest. That would be due to the larger cylinder bores in the same block. However, it probably isn't too much. Maybe a few pounds to maybe 10 pounds at the most?

The DOHC version of the B6 would be slightly heavier due to the larger head design. Again, maybe only a couple pounds at most.

Then come the lengthened blocks of the B8ME and BP. Both blocks and heads are a bit longer, but the bores are larger. I expect that the larger block means the most here, but again, just a few pounds heavier for each.

Adding turbo equipment also adds some weight. Obviously, swapping in the stouter G25MR MTX will increase weight some. ATXs are heaviest of all.

Be careful: figure that an aftermarket header is made of thinner steel than a stock cast manifold. So that wouldn't be the "engine" causing the weight difference. Any add ons that you install may affect overall weight.

In my next swap, I do intend on weighing all my parts to get a better idea of the weight differences between B3 and B6, and also to document my "front end weight loss program" for Speedstiva.

Take a stock B3 and swap in a BP with a G25MR and I bet there will be a weight increase of from 20 to 50 pounds overall. I really don't know.

One day we'll see if my theory that the B6 is lightest turns out to be accurate. A B6 with the Genie header should be the lightest of all.

What I'd really like is an all aluminum block and head motor!

Karl

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy
                        Take a stock B3 and swap in a BP with a G25MR and I bet there will be a weight increase of from 20 to 50 pounds overall. I really don't know.
                        The festiva B3 & e-series trans weighted in at 325lbs & a bp with G-series weighed 500 or so
                        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

My b6 swapped, partially gutted 89 manual weighs 1650 with half a tank of gas, almost exactly.
                          Have had 6 Festys... and counting...

My Website:
                          http://www.StanfordMotorSports.com

Car Domain:
                          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Quaddawg
                          My Garage Page:
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/vb...o=view&id=6724

Comment

My stripped (except for the 2 seats and dash) BP Festiva with a full tank of gas and me was 2000 lbs even. I removed a couple pieces from it to fit the kit, fiberglass hood, etc. but didn't get to weigh it since it's been parked.
                            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Kemp wrote:

"The festiva B3 & e-series trans weighted in at 325lbs & a bp with G-series weighed 500 or so."

Wow. A lot more than I thought!

Karl

Comment

Working...
                              X