• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think those are all parts from this guy's basement and junk shelves
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
    Paulbarrera12.com
    Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

ive done research on this a few years back and found out that, this theory has been around for centuries, inventors in the 1800s has been toying with the idea.

and there is scientific basis for it, the idea is to split hydrogen molecule and oxygen molecule there by having the two of the three basic ingredients for combustion which is air and fuel, ever heard of hydrogen powered vehicles. its the same concept except you dont store hydrogen in your tank but water, then produce hydrogen and oxygen on demand.

this was supposedly achieved by simple electrolysis, problem is the amount of energy in the hydrogen is less than the actual energy needed to produce it. ive read a chemical equation/computation about it before proving it impossible. another theory was to use different frequencies to speed up the splitting of the molecules combined with electrolysis. however no one has yet been able to figure out what frequency to use, so until now this has become a modern age sorcerer's stone.

if i remember it right this was the same theory where that keanu reeves movie was all about. :roll:

Comment

Water injection is used on the modern Subaru WRX. Not sure if I would want to run it on the festiva though. Seems like a recipe for sludge in the crankcase to me.
        I'm going to come at you like a spider monkey!
        White 1993 L plus, 5 speed - 47k miles
        * Aspire brake swap, 14" Miata wheels & Tein coliover suspension

Comment

I don't know this jerk's specifics but a simple way to make an engine run on water is the reverse fuel cell. Use charge baterries, a membrane and breake the water down to oxygen and hydrogen gases which will support combustion...NASA designed such systems for manned space craft for use in an emergency to produce oxygen form water and batteries and dump the hydrogen.

This guys flaw...reduse you gas cost and watch your electric bill climb
          Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
          The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

From one of the "testimonials":

"I also wrapped several layers of tinfoil around my Oxygen sensor..."

NO! The tinfoil goes around your HEAD!

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Actually, a better idea is to put a sun tea gallon jug in your engine compartment and make "engine heat tea" as you drive.

Yum!

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy
                From one of the "testimonials":

"I also wrapped several layers of tinfoil around my Oxygen sensor..."

NO! The tinfoil goes around your HEAD!

Karl
                i was thinking the same thing!! :lol: :roll:
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

like this?

Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                  Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Scammers like that should be strung-up and flogged!

On a serious note: I just hope that the "steam-o-lene" engine experiment bears future fruit. There was a great article in Popular Mechanics (or was it Science??) that described a fellow that added a steam cycle, to a small engine (basically making it a six-stoke engine). He's applying for a patent, and all that... should be interesting. His preliminary testing showed something like a 40% increase in effeciency.

Could you imagine a retrofit kit, that makes our festys get even BETTER mileage??? :lol:

Cheers,

Scott
                    Famous Last Words: "How hard can it be?"

Comment

Working...
                    X