Gas Mileage for a Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Mileage for a Festiva?

Right now i have an 91 Automatic Festiva, with a healthy engine. I debating on whether or not switch over to a 5spd, but was wondering what people where getting with their festiva?

Michael

89 CARBY 5spd ... i average about 6.4 - 6.6L / 100kms (not sure what that is in gallons).

Comment

I did the math and that comes to close to 35mpg. I wonder if that is a common number to get. I had heard that these things get into the 40's.

Comment

keep your speed low (50-55 mph) and good maintenance with 89 octane fuel and I can break 50 mpg!
        At normal highway speeds (65 mph) and a long trip and I get around 45-47 mpg, depending upon temperature.
        This is with a 5 spd, with 225K miles on it and 13" tires (175/60/13)
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

89 carb 4 speed I am averaging 42 MPG
          93 EFI auto with A/C I get around 35 MPG (30 MPG traveling 80-85 MPH with A/C on!)
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

1992 EFI auto averages between 35-42 with about 1/3 town driving, 1/3 secondary highway driving (80kmph), 1/3 major highway driving (110kmph)

Comment

Never had an automatic get more than 37.. mostly I get around 34 or so, mixed hwy/city real world MPG.

My Manual got close to 45 average.. it's a real difference, I have to admit.
              Have had 6 Festys... and counting...

My Website:
              http://www.StanfordMotorSports.com

Car Domain:
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/Quaddawg
              My Garage Page:
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/vb...o=view&id=6724

Comment

Well that settles it, i'm switching it to the 5spd. Is converting it to a 5spd much work?

Comment

trans, clutch, shifter linkage, and pedals (there all one assembly)
                  sounds easy from what ive read

Ive replaced my trans and it comes out easily from below
                  89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                  RIP 90LX

Comment

Originally posted by quaddawg
                    Never had an automatic get more than 37.. mostly I get around 34 or so, mixed hwy/city real world MPG.

My Manual got close to 45 average.. it's a real difference, I have to admit.
                    The auto usually only gets those numbers on just pure secondary highway driving. 80kmph, no real hills, no lights or intersection.

Comment

If you decide to switch to a manual tranny Ive got a clutch/brake pedal assembly that goes up under the dash.
                      sigpic
                      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

My last numbers on a trip to Huntington, W. Va. was 33.3 mpg. Mostly highway around 55-60 mph there, and about 60+ mph back.

'93GL ATX with a B6 swap and my new 175/70-13 Nokian "W" all seasons (rated for severe weather/snow).

My auto usually averages around 26 to 30 mpg through the week with a city/freeway mix.

From what I read here, the MTX usually beats an ATX by up to 10 mpg or more. I think my best mileage was around 39 mpg. I may have broken 40 before. And yes, I'm figuring for my larger tires (7.4% difference vs. 4.5% for my 165/70s).

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

88 Carbed 5 Speed....No matter how I drive it....41 MPG

Comment

My 1.3 never got above 38mpg. Around 32 around town.

with the 1.6 it would get 28-32 around town & upwards of 34 highway.

not very impressive
                            Wil
                            02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
                            00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
                            05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
                            93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
                            96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
                            93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

39 mpg in an '89 carb 4 speed with the AC on, driving like The Stig.
                              Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                              Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                              White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                              White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                              Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                              Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                              Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                              White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                              X