Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here

Hi everyone,
    First of all - I am in complete shock. I had no idea such a site existed! I came across it searching for Festiva info online.
    I used to have a Festiva - a 1988 L. I bought it with 22,000 miles in November 1989. 5 speed, blue, tan interior. Drove it twice to Florida for Spring Break from DeKalb, IL with four guys. That car never gave me any problems, except for I had to replace the exhaust. I traded it in with 86,000 miles in 1992 on a new ops: Ford Tempo.
    Now, I wish I had one again, for the great reliability and gas mileage! I absolutely cannot believe these cars have achieved such a cult following. If anyone has any leads on any Festivas for sale near Raleigh, NC let me know. Preferably a manual.
    Oh, my user name? My old college roommate used to call my car that. :lol:

Welcome aboard....
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Welcome! Festivas are out there, you just have to know where to look. Craigslist and eBay, as well as this site are good places to look. It also helps if you are willing to travel a little to pick one up.
      Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
      Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
      White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
      White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
      Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
      Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
      Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
      White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Axlander9289
        Welcome! Festivas are out there, you just have to know where to look. Craigslist and eBay, as well as this site are good places to look. It also helps if you are willing to travel a little to pick one up.
        Yeah, every once and awhile I look on craigslist and eBay - seems like the eBay ones go for quite a bit. I'm willing to travel a bit for a nice, rust free one with decent miles.

Comment

wait for a clean one... trust me
          89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
          RIP 90LX

Comment

Originally posted by stefan
            I hear ya, I've had my share of rusty project cars. Was into classic Mustangs for awhile, then moved on to VW buses. Got two of those right now, one for parts.
            Are there new interior kits for Festivas? What kind of aftermarket parts are out there?

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSweetStiva
              Originally posted by stefan
              I hear ya, I've had my share of rusty project cars. Was into classic Mustangs for awhile, then moved on to VW buses. Got two of those right now, one for parts.
              Are there new interior kits for Festivas? What kind of aftermarket parts are out there?
              you can get new carpets.. not much more that that i can think of.
              89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
              RIP 90LX

Comment

Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

Welcome sweetsweetstiva

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6˝ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Right on! Welcome! My first festiva was an 89. Blue with tan interior. Since yours was a 5 speed (and so new then) It must have been an LX. You'll find one. Just keep looking. I've had 15. I'm just up the road from you... sort of
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by carbonvmax
                        Right on! Welcome! My first festiva was an 89. Blue with tan interior. Since yours was a 5 speed (and so new then) It must have been an LX. You'll find one. Just keep looking. I've had 15. I'm just up the road from you... sort of
                        I guess my memory is slipping - I'm positive it was an L (it was the very base model, with nothing in it!), but I thought it was a 5 speed. Must have been a 4 speed.
                        I think I've been to Roanoke - or near there anyway! My wife and I got engaged at Mountain Lake Resort, which is right near Pembroke, VA. We drove by Roanoke on our way up the East Coast on that trip. We are originally from Michigan (she) and Illinois (me), so we drive through VA on 77 through the mountains when we go back to visit.

Comment

Welcome!!

I hope you get that festiva soon.

Comment

Listen....buy anything now....dump everything you have into it....then upgrade (upgrades don't include selling anything)....we need to prove to our wive's that we're not the only one's in the world doing it....and repeat after me.....No Dear!..I don't love my Festiva more than you!

See ya around!
                            Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                            The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSweetStiva
                              Originally posted by carbonvmax
                              I guess my memory is slipping - I'm positive it was an L (it was the very base model, with nothing in it!), but I thought it was a 5 speed. Must have been a 4 speed.
                              I think I've been to Roanoke - or near there anyway! My wife and I got engaged at Mountain Lake Resort, which is right near Pembroke, VA. We drove by Roanoke on our way up the East Coast on that trip. We are originally from Michigan (she) and Illinois (me), so we drive through VA on 77 through the mountains when we go back to visit.
                              Cool! Mountain Lake is great. I took my wife and baby up there last year. Dirty dancing was filmed there. If it had a factory tach, AC, removable headrests, power mirrors etc it was a 5 speed. I guess it could have been an L with a 5 speed but I've never seen one.
                              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                              X