Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's an Aspire in my local yard. What should I pull from it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's an Aspire in my local yard. What should I pull from it?

Front and rear hubs, brakes? Anything else? Do I want the knuckles and struts too?

The rear torsion bar is bent, so that's out.

How do I make sure it doesn't have ABS?

My car is a 91 Festiva by the way.
    Last edited by CyberEric; 01-10-2019, 11:29 PM.

Front seats if their in good shape. Gear shift knob if manual trans and feels better than yours.

Comment

Thanks, I'll take a look at the seats and shifter.

If it does have ABS, is it possible/worth it to swap that over?

Edit: Reading more about this in the how-to thread, it sounds like you need the whole rear torsion beam from the Aspire to do the rear, so this car probably isn't a good donor given its bent rear beam.
      Last edited by CyberEric; 01-11-2019, 07:28 PM.

Comment

What I did on my Aspire swap, was to run the Aspire front assy till I wore out the twelve inch tires. Grab all the Aspire stuff. But keep looking for a beam. Grab the spare tire too.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker View Post
          What I did on my Aspire swap, was to run the Aspire front assy till I wore out the twelve inch tires. Grab all the Aspire stuff. But keep looking for a beam. Grab the spare tire too.
          I don't understand, you ran the Aspire front with 12 inch tires? Do you mean you ran the Festiva front until you wore out the 12s?

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. Ran new 13's on the front. And old 12's on the back. Till I wore out the tires then put the aspire brakes and new 13's on the back.

Comment

If you end up pulling the knuckles and front brakes, I'd def buy those off you. Those tend to be rusty and scarce in my area.

Comment

Working...
              X