Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First post of the year up on the blog....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post of the year up on the blog....

Follow this link to the first Econobox Cafe blog post of 2019...

Let me know what you think.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Looks great Ian... I put the link in in my favorites and will check in from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
      Looks great Ian... I put the link in in my favorites and will check in from time to time.
      Thank you!
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

When I was training at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs the winter of 1980, the cycling coach, a Polish defector, was following our rides in his tiny Renault Le Car, and at the far point of our rides, would hand out hot tea before heading back. I'm not sure how many Le Cars might be out there, but they are obviously even older than Festys, so it's a non-choice here especially since I can't much wrench at 65 now.

I have settled for a Hyundai Accent, and although the cars have a higher curb weight, a lot of you guys go to great pains to switch to a 1.6 motor anyway, and a lot of these Asian cars have that motor and are about the same size and weight. I think Chinese Hyundai and Korean Kia have merged recently, Fiats and Coopers and even Fiestas are generally proportionately more costly these days, but parts are still cheaper and plentiful on these 1.6 sedans. Mine is a semi hatch with 2 doors, and so with the back seat out as I tend to do- theres a lot of cargo space.

DSCF2182.JPG

DSCF2183.JPG
        DSCF2184.JPG DSCF2186.JPG

It struck me one day that the front of the Accent- an '04- looks similar to the gadgety James Bond Aston Martin that first appeared in "Goldfinger" I think in 1964- the front end at least. That car I once saw and took pictures of at the Shopping Center a block from my house about 1966. No less than Mustang Sally's , I've only really just slowed down because of age.
        DSCF2250.JPG

Forgive all the photos, I just satisfy the unemployed journalist in me that way.
        Last edited by harpon; 02-02-2019, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Well it's been awhile since I last visited FF.com and at first i thought I had gotten the wrong page.

Gonna take some getting used to with the new layout.

Comment

Working...
          X