Replacement Manual Trans Drain Plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Manual Trans Drain Plug

Hello everyone. I am in need of your help in finding a replacement manual transmission drain bolt. The last person to service my 91 festi did a great job buggering up the bolt. I went to Advanced Auto, but no luck. Also checked RockAuto and googled it. Anyone know a part number I can search on ebay or the like? I think the threads are fine on the transmission, but I'm not putting this thing back in.

Thank you in advance!

I took some measurements, and I believe this part will work: Doorman: 090-075. I took the measurements, and it checks out so far.

Comment

Try going to a salvage yard and finding one off another car (mazda). I tried using a new bolt it did not seal very well. Do a search for a bolt with a magnet pick up and try those.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker View Post
        Try going to a salvage yard and finding one off another car (mazda). I tried using a new bolt it did not seal very well. Do a search for a bolt with a magnet pick up and try those.
        Did you use a new seal? Helps a lot, their super cheap, i just pick up 10 or so and use a new one whenever the old one is lookin a little old

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

Think it did have a seal but it still dripped. May be it was just me. Went back to the old factory bolt it sealed like it was suppose to.

Comment

Hey all!! It worked! It seams that the oil drain plug is the same size as the manual trans drain plug! Who would of known. It came with a plastic seal, which is iffy, but It hasn't dripped at all! I would love to get some spare parts from a junk yard, but all the junk yards around here crushed their festivas violin

Thanks for the replies. Now I need to 3D print a piece for my turn signal mechanism, it turns on the turn signal each time I turn the steering wheel left.

Comment

Working...
            X