Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do 1st Gen Festivas get any love here??? (1st post, new member)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do 1st Gen Festivas get any love here??? (1st post, new member)

Hi all...1st post. Just joined today. I have my eyes on a 1st Gen Festiva. Very solid, rust free car. Actually, it's fairly pristine, with around 70k miles on it. Lots of new parts, and even some aftermarket "Goodies". Considering it to build a "Cone Chaser" (Auto Cross Car). It has the 1.6L Kent Crossflow engine and 4 speed transaxle. Unfortunately #3 rod decided to exit the block, hence the owner is willing to sell it to me. IF I pull the trigger on this car, I'll be in the market for one of these engines. A little research shows they were in the '71-'73 Pintos as well. Anyone here have one for sale, hopefully within 100 miles of NE Ohio? Or do you know of a Junkyard with one, or the aforementioned Pintos? I can be reached at RThew12@Hotmail.com, or a post here. I'll check in daily for replies. Thanks for your time reading this! Ron, aka HammerMechanic.

Yeah sounds like a Fiesta you could swap in a ztec I believe.

Comment

Sounds like you are talking about a Fiesta which are pretty cool but I don't know how much information we can provide.
      "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
      sigpic
      "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
      "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
      "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
      "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

This may be the first time I've seen someone think a Fiesta was a Festiva. Usually it's the other way around.

There is absolutely no connection between the Fiestas and Festivas.
        ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
        91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
        1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
        2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

The struggle continues....
          Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

Working...
          X