Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rust removal.NiCad to 24V lithium update etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust removal.NiCad to 24V lithium update etc.

Learned something new about removing rust.I've been using electrolysis to remove rust for years with great results.I recently learned you can mix citric acid and water and soak parts in it works really well for how simple it is.Soak it wire brush it soak it rinse with baking soda and water and very impressive.Bigger stuff wet a towel lay it or wrap it on part cover with plastic wrap.My 18v Ryobi and Dewalt stuff is working great on 24 volt Kobalt batteries.I've changed my method a little bit.The kobalt batteries if you open them up have a solder connection for positive and negative.I solder on leads.drill holes in the case for the leads
    Epoxy the battery bottom to bottom with gutted Ryobi and dewalt batteries and hard wire the kobalt to the donor battery.Now when they are dead pop them out and slide them right into a kobalt charger.
    Last edited by ricko1966; 04-18-2019, 07:50 PM.
    30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.
Working...
X