323 gtx questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 323 gtx questions

recently came across 2 gtx's that a guy wants to sell , i know there "rare" but what does mean for a value? And what should i look for or try to avoid ? I'm fimilar with the b6t but nothing else about them cars...
    i looked at them both (in the dark)the good one has 86k miles , a beautiful repaint (not stock color) virtually no rust, seats are sun damaged and dash is cracked. Its bone stock except wheels and a cone air filter , said it ran and drove fine he parked it to move on to build a hot rod n been parked for upwards of 3 yrs. The second one is a parts car he said he drove it home but it burned oil bad. Its currently a rolling shell with all of its parts plus more engine parts - and supposedly has a tuned ecu still in it. Its dash is not cracked and seats are a little better but body has rust - not horrible for an east coast car tho-
    Unfourtunaly it was after 10pm and he lived in a residential neighbourhood so i couldnt hear the good one run at the time.

With all that said im an aspire guy but i like odd ball cars and i like hard to find cars so there really appealing to me ... Any advice
    The #Racespire the ultimate sleeper....it never wakes up! :woc:
    1995 aspire 4D (#racespire) B6T swapped -under construction
    1995 aspire 4D ps,abs ,ac,auto 60k
    1996 aspire 2D - had a hard life
    1993 festy manual 262k miles and still ticking
    1989 festy carbed dream car finally own it
    1988 festy carbed manual
    1997 aspire 2D 5spd soon to be B6D
    1996 aspire 4D (parts car)
    1993 capri XR2 donor car -soon to be project car...

My advice is to buy them if you are good with the price. They are rare and you are not going to come across them often. How much is he asking?
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

My advice is to buy them if you are good with the price. They are rare and you are not going to come across them often. How much is he asking?
      '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
      '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
      '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

You have to know why you want it.
        It will certainly be a project to fix up the interior. Having a parts car is absolutely great, as parts are not all out there.

If you want an interesting project this sounds like it!

It is really hard to figure out a price. They are rare, but, they are not in demand, except for the engine in the Festiva community. So they are likely not overly valuable, either.
        It will depend on his opinion of their value, obviously, but I think you are in a position to push for a price that is attractive to you.

Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
        Icetiva-3-race-car-build
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

Unfourtunaly i have wayyy to many projects but this isnt something you cross paths with everyday and prob wont ever again which is really drawing me in .
          I haven't gotten a set price i got the "id like to get" price bc they're not actively for sale but his dream price right now is upwards of 4k for everything plus a festy engine n trans.
          that seems steep to me personally and its more then im willing to pay but haggling a price is part of the fun lol
          Does 4k seem way out leauge for a car like that with all the extra?
          1988 festy carbed manual

Comment

Yes, 4K sounds way high for two non running cars. They may be rare but the demand is not high. If I wanted them I would tell the seller what I would be willing to pay. If you offered him $500 that is probably twice what the salvage yard would give him.That's if the salvage yard will even take them. You might call the yards and see what they would give. I bought my '93 Festiva in non running condition from a gal who was firm at $500 because she told me the salvage yard offered her that price. I knew that was a lie so the following day I called 4 yards. Three yards would not take the car. Yard number four told me they would give $150. I went back to her place and explained the situation to her and she let me have it for $200. Bring money with you when you make your offer. If at $500 he say's "make a serious offer" look him in the eye and tell him you are very serious and you have the money to do the deal right now. You got to remember it may take a lot of money to get one of them road worthy. Another way of looking at it is if he gave you the 2 cars you will put a whole lot of money into them to get one roadworthy. Maybe more than they are worth. Then what do you have?
            Didn't you say the one that he parked 3 (or was it 5?) years ago has virtually no rust? If you see any rust on the body there is probably a whole bunch of rust that you can't see without getting under it. Floors, suspension mounting points, etc. The more you look at it $500 may be too high. Good luck!

Comment

And when he turns down your offer of $500 make sure you leave him your phone number and also thank him for his time. Don't be surprised if he calls you back and accepts your offer.

Comment

Well I talked to the guy and he's firm at 4k not a penny less so i left him my # and told him to call when he lowers the price so we'll see what happens.
                1988 festy carbed manual

Comment

Working...
                X