Paul39 Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul39 Update

It looks as though I have been gone from here too long. I got a screaming deal on a 2002 Prius with less than 160 K four years ago.

The 1988 Festiva Red Rocket 1 106 K had a guard rail jump out in front of it in snow. I bought 1988 Black Rocket 185 K+- with under hood fire and put engine, tran, front suspension, and wiring from RR1 into it and drove it for years. While jacking up BR to change a tire the jack went right through the body.

I bought Red Rocket 2 180ish K in Clyde, NC and drove it to Asheville, a week later I found White Rocket 190ish K in the neighborhood and bought that. RR 2 had exhaust system in shreds and shot shifter bushings, WR had split radiator tank. I took radiator from RR 2 put it in WR and used it as my daily driver. About this time I bought the Prius and a young man had to have the Black Rocket, so I sold it. The WR had a good body but a not so good engine. A guy with a Festiva with a really good engine and terrible rusted out body bought the WR.

The RR 2 had an 8 inch X 20 foot long limb fall on it hitting at the top of the windshield and front of roof. It and a slew of other parts are for sale which I will post later today.

This years Festiva Madness sounds wonderful. I wish I could come.

Paul
    Red Rocket 1988 L, 133,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC, hit guard rail in snow, RIP, saved everything but body
    Black Rocket 1988 L 207,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC, engine, trans, wire harness, radiator from RR
    Red Rocket 2 1988 L 138,XXX miles, 4 sp
    White Rocket 1989 L 128,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC
Working...
X