Hi all new here, Got a 93 festiva today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all new here, Got a 93 festiva today

I just picked up myself a really nice clean lookin 5 spd manual 93 Festiva today, gave it its first full run of a 100k drive back home, and I love it already.

Im just excited about it so I wanted to post it here

got it for $800
    a few things about it

engine starts right up like nothin and purrs right along, havent drove one before but it has some good pep to it, the idle might be a little low though?
    99% free of rust you can still see all the original paint on the under carriage
    A nice dent from someone who hit and run when it was parked
    169390 kms,
    brand exhaust from down pipe to muffler,
    new battery, spark plugs,and wires, new belts, brakes,
    older boss mp3 stereo who cares though ha, i bought it for the car it is
    and came with a haynes repair manual to boot.

the drive back I heard a mild knocking tapping sound that increased and decreased with my speed, coming from the front right wheel area , and it pulls to the right as well
    gonna pull off that wheel and see if the hub has any free play, Im thinking maybe needs a wheel bearing.

Glad i know about about autobody work and paint so that dent should dissapear nicely

the ride is pretty smooth but a little bouncy in the back, I would like to upgrade to the custom rear coilovers and eventually the front, and find some decent looking 13" or 14" rims paint em white along with the front and rear bumpers

It isnt going to be a daily driver, I love driving so just here and there for the joy of it, keeping it off the road for a while I work on it and see what else comes of it

Cheers
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Sweet Find!

To adjust the idle just use the Idle Air Adjustment Screw on the driver side of the throttle body. It may have a black plug over it about the size of a dime that pops off. Doing the advanced coilover setup listed in the suspension section of this forum on the rear alone makes a huge difference and will allow you to run a wider variety of wheels.
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

VERY NICE! I just got mine at the beginning of October for $600. I need a clutch replacement and shifter bearings/bushings (does not shift or drive, but runs and purrs like a kitten) Welcome to the family! This is my second festiva and I have been wanting a new one since 2010. I saw a good price on it and took the leap.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

I learn something new from Firebush every day !

Comment

Hey Thank you Firebush
          havent got to it yet but will do, yes im looking forward to get those coilover upgrades done, and then put some different rims on there.

But for now its bodywork time, taking care of that big dent its going to need some paint removal bondo work, then some new paint

Ya its great, Im glad such a place exists as this, for these cars,
          I always worked on mild modifications and repaired my own vehicles, wouldnt have it any other way, I couldnt let a shop steal that enjoyment from me no no!

Hey thanks to all who put up all their knowledge of experience with these

had few name ideas but the name that stuck is “Lightning”
          Last edited by Tyler77; 11-01-2019, 10:48 AM. Reason: My car had a name change

Comment

Working...
          X