New to group and Festiva ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to group and Festiva ownership

Hey y'all I have a 1988 Festiva L 4spd carbed I love the car and the way it sounds since I pulled the muffler off which has raised a few questions for me considering I am generally a gear head. I've thought about ditching the factory 12s and possibly going up to a 14 but not sure what for wheel size to look for due to not knowing how high I can go without tire rub being an issue. Also thinking about beefing up the engine a little bit but can't seem to find many sites that offer performance anything for the little 1.3L looking for suggestions please to all things involved in my topic I very much appreciate the help thanks yall

Welcome to the group!

As far as wheels you can easily fit a 14" wheel as long as the specs on the wheel are correct and you use the correct size tires. We suggest the 165/55/14 tires for the 14" wheel. The main thing with the wheel fitment is going to be the width and offset. Try to keep the width as close to 6" as possible and the offset somewhere between +20 thru +35. You can vary these numbers slightly with the use of 5mm-10mm spacers when needed but you should get longer wheel bolts or install wheel studs at that point.

Let us know if you have any more questions.
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

For wheels and tires I've been grabbing junkyard wheels and tires.Just because it's easy and economical.99 Hyundai accent wheels work great they are 13s and go on like they were made for the car.Geo Metro 13s work too but they weren't all the right bolt pattern and I don't know which years were right I always. measured pattern and measured the geo wheels.The accent wheels have more clearance than the geo wheels.On geo wheels you have to run 155-80-13s 175-70-13s require spacersAccent wheels are super close but some 175-70-13s fit with no spacers or anything.As I was saying about economical if you read your date codes I can usually get 4 wheels and tires already mounted already balanced and I look for less than 2 years old on the dates less than 100.00 bucks.As for up, there is no replacement for displacement.Meaning put in a bigger engine, lots of simple options.Tons of ford and mazda engines are simple swaps on the festiva.
      30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Working...
      X