My 89 FORD FESTIVA Aspire springs in rear and Rio shocks/springs/towers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 89 FORD FESTIVA Aspire springs in rear and Rio shocks/springs/towers

I had this as a daily driver for 70k when the distributor quit all of a sudden. Got a rope tow 2 miles from home after many out of state trips. What should be done with it? The motor has so much blowby that oil comes out the dipstick I think the motor rings are crapped out on it. Its a 3 speed auto. I put in conversion brackets for use with a camaro / sunfire/cavalier chevy seat. Its got the orig festiva passengers seat but Ive generally used this car as a one seater. Was thinking a rally car and maybe swap in a 1.6 motor. I dont have the time though. The stock length Kia rio springs lift the front by 3/4 " over stock. Not sure on the back but the Aspire rear springs are heavier than the fest springs. The car has worked well on unimproved roads and camping trips. Even stock height the festiva was pretty high compared to modern passenger cars.
    The wheels are 13" with some all season tires but its been parked a while and they are checking.Front glass is cracked from neigbors kids throwing rocks at it.In AZ new festiva glass is about 110 installed but Ive little motive to do so being its a non runner. It seems an ashame to send this car to a U pull it yard. All 4 shocks are Gabriel gas type with about 30k since installed.On the front the shock bolt holes on either top or bottom had to be enlongated 1/8" or so in one direction to allow the wheels to sit at about 0 deg camber.

Theres no a/c it has a dash and headliner but the rear seat and interior plastic was all removed and discarded.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I would rebuild the motor. A weekend to pull the motor. A weekend to install the rebuilt motor. It you are to busy to spend the time, sell it.

Comment

It had a distributor that looked different from the ones I see on ebay. If you know someone that wants this roller let me know.

Comment

AZ is too far from me.Automatic and manual cars use different distributors and they weren't the same from year to year also. If you are so inclined.I am 99 percent sure you could use a 4 wire GM. HEI module and an HEI coil off like a TBI chevy truck. Many cars that I've done head gaskets on I've pulled the pan, popped the pistons out reringed put in new rod bearings and put the head back on. It could be done in an afternoon, easy.
        30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Working...
        X