• Rock Auto buyer beware

Follow this forum
    with Tapatalk for Android
    FREE - on Google Play
    VIEW
    Forums>...>Tech Discussion> Rock Auto buyer beware

Unwatch Thread
    1. 1 minute agoRicko1966 Ricko1966Full Access Member
      Well the airtex e8090 pump I bought from Rockauto died today.I tried to get it warranted because it has a lifetime warranty.After filling out my Rock Auto warranty form including make year and model.(85 c10 305 4bbl) it was rejected and flagged on their system as no warranty, because it was installed on an incorrect application.No way to warranty,it no way to return it.I called Airtex. MoPrepurchase for their recommendation,they said E8090, which is what I bought. I called them again today to tell them about my trouble with Rock Auto and see if airtex would warrantee it.I was informed all warranties have to be handled through the original seller and Rock Auto isn't an airtex distributor they buy close out merchandise etc and my pump could be 35 years old and have been in a flood or who knows.That was what airtex told me.They said sorry, buy 1from Summit they go through lots of stock so it's a current product that summit will warranty. So we now know they lifetime warranties at Rock Auto are based off of if they choose to honor them. 1st pic is from airtex website, E8090 still looks like best choice.2nd pic is from Rockauto page, it a says universal, it also says lifetime warranty.I guess universal is subject to their approval not airtex and lifetime warranty, ah yea we just put that there to sell parts you wouldn't have bought if we didn't.

30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

There’s certainly a great deal to know about this topic. I like all the points you’ve made. More at au-customer-service.com

Comment

Working...
    X