Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3d printed battery adapters, Anyone here 3d print?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d printed battery adapters, Anyone here 3d print?

I've been working on adapting a Ryobi 18V Lithium battery to replace the batteries in an old respirator. This is a big process and along the way I've created the sub-assembly for the Ryobi battery which snaps on just like the Ryobi tools. It prints in two pieces that are attached using cable ties, this allows the print surfaces to work on extrusion printers, like the PrintrBot Simple Metal (which the above was printed on). The cable ties do an amazing job holding it all together, I though I'd need to do a plastic weld in addition, but they are held just right. The metal clips are AAA battery snap on clips that match the power supply perfectly. I found them at Amazon by searching for "AAA N snap-on clip" and found them from www.mouser.com (part #534-204). My next stop will be the attachment to the respirator, but in the meantime, you can modify to start printing your own tools!

I found a place to print and sell me this but it needs modifications to work in my situation.I can't 3d print so I sure don't know how to make the modifications. It needs to be thicker so you can use counter sunk screws to attatch it to another battery. I have been using 24v kobalt batteries to power everything easy to adapt, but no BMS and the way I was doing it I needed too many batteries.Ryobi has a deal going on 2 batteries a LITHIUM battery charger and tool of your choice for 99 bucks.Well I found out the ryobi batteries plug right into my chineseium tools and work.And I sawed a hole in the bottom of a dewalt battery put one of these holders in the hole and wired it using the connector out of a junk chineseium drill.Now all my dewalt stuff can run on 18v Ryobi batteries which have BMS and are backwards compatible with ryobi 18v nicad so IMHO it should be backwards compatible with all 18v nicad tools. Does anyone know how to make these thicker? Can you print and sell me some?Anyone else wanting to do this the keystone clips are real sketchy about staying in place.I used the connector out of a junk drill on future versions I will just buy ryobi replacement connectors fromereplacement parts.
    Last edited by ricko1966; 08-05-2020, 01:16 AM.
    30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

If you google search drill adapter say Milwaukee to Dewalt or dewalt to ryobi or what ever brand of battery you have to what ever brand of tool they pretty much have it. Ready to use it snaps on to your battery then fits into the tool.

I hope this helps.

Comment

I've searched everywhere you can find adapters for milwakee, dewalt, Makita etc.to anything, but no ryobi batteries to anything. I want to use the ryobi because they were designed by ryobi to be used on 18v nicad tools.I've got the one battery mount I purchased working great in the bottom of an 18v dewalt battery. I was just hoping someone here could do a modified version to improve mounting and latching before I make more adapters for my other tools.The Ryobi's turn out sweet just wish I could find a little better base.If you look at that pic I posted the link to you"'ll see how simple this is gut a battery,punch a hole in the bottom of it, mount the mount plate, hook up 2 wire's, boom plug and play with dirt cheap ryobi lithium batteries.
      Last edited by ricko1966; 08-05-2020, 01:29 AM.
      30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Working...
      X