93 b3 stalls with load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 b3 stalls with load

So first time festiva owner long time bike mechanic. Got a 93 festiva on trade from some teenagers. As I'm diagnosing what seems to be a fuel problem I ran across that someone at some recent time had replaced alot of parts (injectors, plastic bulging from pressure fuel filter, and a brand new fuel pump) but when for some reason they were installing the pump decided that the baffle was in the way and beat it down crudely and forced the pump in causing it to kink the pick up in the sock and was pushed up due to the bent baffle. Spent the good part of 3 hours straightening the baffle back out to fit new pump. Harness on my pump was different than car harness so repaired the intake on pump they had put in and thought all was fixed. Drove 50 miles from Carson city to the other side of reno on slow back highways and stopped about every 5-10 miles due to car stalling out and not wanting to accelerate. Finally get home and I install fuel pressure gauge as well as fix a few loose ends, check timing,fuel filter, spark, vacuum leaks, ground, etc. Well fuel pressure and ignition check out but car will idle but when put into gear will stutter until if eventually stalls. I did notice an adjustment screw both on TPS and IAC seemed to have been tampered with also car idles relatively well but plugs are wet when pulled. Sorry for the story but trying to get as much out as I can to possibly get more refined help.

A bit more info wife works at salvage yard and I have a few engine options and all the tools. Would I be better off taking this route (have 4 days to figure something out). It is predestined anyway.

Comment

Working...
    X