how to tell what year my engine is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to tell what year my engine is?

the clutch was changed by taking the engine out. why? i don't know i don't think the original engine was put back in there are extra sensors with nothing to hook up to obd 2 stuff. mine is a 95 and i think it is still obd1. it runes but not perfect. and i think i have to redo the clutch it is not working right. but the car was only 100 bucks and the wiring is a bit messed up.

Originally posted by blueballs View Post
    the clutch was changed by taking the engine out. why? i don't know i don't think the original engine was put back in there are extra sensors with nothing to hook up to obd 2 stuff. mine is a 95 and i think it is still obd1. it runes but not perfect. and i think i have to redo the clutch it is not working right. but the car was only 100 bucks and the wiring is a bit messed up.
    However, the most accurate way is to look at the serial number on the block, which is located on the drivers side, rear, on the extended part of the deck surface that goes over the bell housing area. The date code for the engine is built into the serial number after the first two numbers.The detailed description of this them can be read here: https://jeepequipment.com/best-shock...eep-xj-review/

Comment

Originally posted by blueballs View Post
      However, the most accurate way is to look at the serial number on the block, which is located on the drivers side, rear, on the extended part of the deck surface that goes over the bell housing area. The date code for the engine is built into the serial number after the first two numbers.The detailed description of this them can be read here: https://jeepequipment.com/best-shock...eep-xj-review/

Comment

Working...
      X