No announcement yet.

Hi, I'm new.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, welcome! Glad to see someone who likes their car and wants to take care of it!

if you do post a build thread, What is it you plan on doing?

Comment

I was displeased with the color of my "coolant", and the radiator leaks, so this last weekend I installed a new radiator, hoses and flushed everything to clear. Also I was tired of "rowing" the car down the street, so I rebuilt the shifter/linkage. Soooo much better.

Then since I was tired of looking at the white/grey bumpers I dug through my box of old cleaners and decided to do something about them too.

Comment

Duplicate post deleted
        Last edited by 1990new; 10-20-2020, 11:46 AM. Reason: delete duplicate post

Comment

Great job fixing the shifter bushings. Is the rubber stabilizer bushing at the front where it bolts to the transmission still good? If there is play in it it will show up in your shifter stability too.

Can you post a close up picture of the molding at the front on your right side door? I still don't know which of the two pieces if for the right and which is for the left?
          Festiva Molding Picture.JPG

Comment

Deleted Duplicate post
            Last edited by 1990new; 10-20-2020, 11:45 AM. Reason: Duplicate post deleted

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
              Great job fixing the shifter bushings. Is the rubber stabilizer bushing at the front where it bolts to the transmission still good? If there is play in it it will show up in your shifter stability too.

Can you post a close up picture of the molding at the front on your right side door? I still don't know which of the two pieces if for the right and which is for the left?
              Festiva Molding Picture.JPG

Like this? I replaced the six little bushings and I have the large rubber one to go. So far the little ones have fixed all my issues significantly. But Ill dig in and see. This has been slightly difficult to "wake up" completely. Wondering why it was parked 12 years ago with such low mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk View Post

Like this? I replaced the six little bushings and I have the large rubber one to go. So far the little ones have fixed all my issues significantly. But Ill dig in and see. This has been slightly difficult to "wake up" completely. Wondering why it was parked 12 years ago with such low mileage.
                I need to see the slope of the molding on the right side door ... then I will know which one is for the left. You picture show the left which has no molding.

Comment

Shoot, you did say right. Lemme grab a pic here in a bit when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk View Post
                    Shoot, you did say right. Lemme grab a pic here in a bit when I get home.
                    I found a picture of one on the web that was close up enough for me to see which piece of molding fit the left side door. The thinner edge of the molding is on the top and so is the point at the front.

So you don't have to post a close up picture of the right side.

Comment

Working...
                    X