So... Hello Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... Hello Again

My name is Noah McIntosh and I have not been active on this site for several years. Let me brief you wonderful people on what has been happening with me and what my plans for the future are in terms of my cars.

I created this account back in 2017 at the age of 12 because a friend and I were looking at various online car selling sites in a search for the perfect car for him to use at his farm as a paddock basher. Then we stumbled upon a white WA Festiva. What was this cute little thing? I had never seen nor heard of it before. I fell in love instantly and I believe it was this point that my love for small old shitboxes all began.
    I needed to know more about this curious little buzz box, and what better way to do that than to get involved with the Festiva community?
    Enter this account. I tried my best at the time to integrate myself within this community, or at least I did the best my awkward 12 year old self could have. But all good things must come to an end and after a few months of this Festiva obsession of mine I drifted in other directions, leaving this account inactive for years.

During this time I was able to get my first car at the age of 14. A 1995 K11 Nissan Micra with half a million kilometres on the odometer. It had been owned by a family friend since near new until they moved interstate and handed it down to me for the small price of $150, what a bargain. And to this day it is still going strong, poor thing needs a service though, I’ll get onto that.
    Just over a year later I got myself another car, a 1990 Volvo 240 Wagon in absolutely MINT condition. I had big plans for it, however I’ve found that I need something a bit more off road capable so I will be moving it on to it’s next owner later this month.
    Disclaimer: I am not a spoiled brat, I bought both of these cars with my own money as I slaved away at the fish and chip shop I work at.

And with the Volvo gone I will once again be in the market for something new which is always exciting, you all know the feeling. I’ll most likely end up with a large SUV or ute of some sort.
    HOWEVER! There is a Festiva shaped hole in my heart that I long for to be filled. And I’d really like to start a project car. I’m not too keen on modifying the Micra as I’d rather slowly restore it than change it. And what better car to get than the one that started it all. So this is what I’ll use this thread for, to post milestones on my way to getting my own Festiva and and maybe some other automotive shenanigans I get up to during the lead up. Could take a couple months, could take a couple years. But step one is to convince my mother to let me keep more than two cars at our house. Wish me luck lads!
    Last edited by NoahJMc; 12-03-2020, 01:25 AM.

For all who would like to see my glorious vroom vroom cars.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NoahJMc; 12-03-2020, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Love the Wagon! Let's hope a Festiva is next on the list.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
        Love the Wagon! Let's hope a Festiva is next on the list.
        I'm going to check one out tomorrow at an auction lot! It will be an online auction and I'm hoping I might be able to get it really cheap!

Comment

Working...
        X