Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3BZ
    replied
    spindles and swing arm bushings are available reproduced. need to look at ebay.de or UK under kia pride.
    ya decent festivas getting scarcer but 10 years from now an immaculate survivor will show up on BAT and bid to $40,000

Leave a comment:

• theastronaut
    replied
    There was a batch of spindles remade, I think they're sold out now. Maybe more on the way? But there are a lot of cars being parted out now due to rust, etc so used spindles are available.

Leave a comment:

• deathegg
    replied
    What's the situation with RR spindles? I know years ago they were not available, and then you almost had to go with the Aspire conversion.

Leave a comment:

• WTFestiva
    replied
    Festivas are fun, but they are older cars now. You're going to find a lot of the comforts of the '16 car you had missing. A LOT of those comforts. I have never daily'd a festiva though, just made them projects for fun since they are easy and cheap to work on, in that regards they are great to still restore and play in on a budget. as mentioned above, they are becoming more rare than in 2010. Its not as easy as back then, but its still possible and in my opinion, worth it to get into the cars.

Leave a comment:

• blake3868
    replied
    I just bought another Festiva in December to restore and use as a daily this summer. So it's very possible in 2021. There are still a lot of pretty decent cars out there to start a build with, I had a few options when looking, and people are always posting ones they find on the facebook group. You'll pay more for a cleaner one compared to a rusty one but still very cheap to get into. The parts availability is fine just have to have patience as you'll be ordering a lot online. The standard suspension setup uses all aftermarket and different vehicles so I don't think that's going to be a issue anytime soon. The biggest issue I've run into is engines and transmissions if you want to do a swap, B6Ds and BPs are getting a little difficult to find but not impossible. Also interior and plastic bits can be a pain but normally someone has something stashed away if you ask here or facebook.

Leave a comment:

• theastronaut
    replied
    Between here, the Facebook group, and Rockauto you should be able to find any part you need easily. It's getting to be very hard to find a Festiva in great condition so if you see one advertised in good shape you should jump on it. There are plenty of rough or below average Festivas for sale if you're interested in buying one to restore. There are new parts being developed that weren't available before so I'd say it's a great time to buy a Festiva. I've had one as a daily for about five years and have never had trouble finding anything I need.

Leave a comment:

• deathegg
    started a topic Are Festy's worth buying in 2021?

Are Festy's worth buying in 2021?

Hi everyone, long time no see. Been AGES since I've been on here (prob left soon after I sold the '88 in 2010). I've moved on with my cars -the Yaris I got to replace the Deathegg was totaled in '16, and now my current DD is a '16 Elantra GT (picture). But....I've always loved Festiva's (I owned the Deathegg for almost 23 years)....and although I may want to buy one, I'm wondering if it's worth it. Parts availability was getting scarce 10 years ago, and I'm sure it's much worse now. What's the current situation with parts, spares, availability of cars at all? I don't see too many around anymore, and even fewer up for sale. 144982415_10221708198149132_3937040545124422534_n.jpg
Working...
X