mid or rear engine Festival?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mid or rear engine Festival?

I have a habit of imagining many things both practical or wild, one of which could be feasible I'll likely never do is to try to create a mid-engine Festiva.

What I wonder about is using the motor and transmission to drive the rear wheels, with the motor in front of the trans axle, and of course without the steering and other aspects of a front wheel drive car.

My inspiration is the fiberglass body Porsche 904 race car, a coupe I once saw from only a few feet away parked during some racing at Oregon International Raceways near Goshen, OR when I was a junior high youth twelve years old, I still think the most beautiful car I've ever seen. Plus, as an added inspiration for an original design for a mid engine Festiva, one of the two Lotus designs, either their Elan or Elite also seems to have a good proclivity in design to elements complimentary to the 904...I forget now which of those two Lotus...is their plural "Loti" one now wonders...is the one I have in mind?

With a stock Festival's dry weight at only 1750# a Festival based mid-engine sport coupe ought to just about fly, presuming the weight of such a car might be substantially reduced if that were realistic? Probably only a two seated, however also nice to have a back seat model too...
    '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Have you watched the youtube video: Jay Leno's Shogun?
    I hate being Bi-Polar, it's awesome.

Comment

Have you watched the you tube video: Jay Leno's Shogun?
      I hate being Bi-Polar, it's awesome.

Comment

Working...
      X