mid engine Festival sport coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mid engine Festival sport coupe

I have a habit of imagining many things both practical or wild, one of which could be feasible I'll likely never do is to try to create a mid-engine Festiva.

What I wonder about is using the motor and transmission to drive the rear wheels, with the motor in front of the trans axle, and of course without the steering and other aspects of a front wheel drive car.

My inspiration is the fiberglass body Porsche 904 race car, a coupe I once saw from only a few feet away parked during some racing at Oregon International Raceways near Goshen, OR when I was a junior high youth twelve years old, I still think the most beautiful car I've ever seen. Plus, as an added inspiration for an original design for a mid engine Festiva, one of the two Lotus designs, either their Elan or Elite also seems to have a good proclivity in design to elements complimentary to the 904...I forget now which of those two Lotus...is their plural "Loti" one now wonders...is the one I have in mind?

With a stock Festival's dry weight at only 1750# a Festival based mid-engine sport coupe ought to just about fly, presuming the weight of such a car might be substantially reduced if that were realistic? Probably only a two seated, however also nice to have a back seat model too...
    '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Rats, I loath the way computers such as this smart phone's pervert my text by trying to think for me instead of using what I'd written myself.

Like in my post here, ending up with "Festival" instead of the "Festiva" I'd just written. Proof reading's enough of a chore anyway, and I dislike having to wonder about what creates these phenomena in the first place, since so likely to lead this 20th century mind as someone nearly seventy, into dark thoughts about human social evolution in our time.
    ​​​​​
    ​​​​

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Rats, I loath the way computers such as this smart phone's pervert my text by trying to think for me instead of using what I'd written myself.
      Like in my post here, ending up with "Festival" instead of the "Festiva" I'd just written. Proof reading's enough of a chore anyway, and I dislike having to wonder about what creates these phenomena in the first place, since so likely to lead this 20th century mind as someone nearly seventy, into dark thoughts about human social evolution in our times.
      ​​​​​
      ​​​​

Comment

Fooey, looks like I've created a mess here, so could a moderator please clean this up by deleting all my posts, except the one with my own reply about how my text gets disrupted by artificial intelligence frequently over riding my own thought as I've expressed that?

Comment

Where have you been? One of the best is the Shogun. Check out the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XR9SoQU16c
          I hate being Bi-Polar, it's awesome.

Comment

Where have you been? One of the best is the Shogun. Check out the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XR9SoQU16c

Comment

Where have you been? One of the best is the Shogun. Check out the link

. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XR9SoQU16c

Comment

Where have you been? One of the best is the Shogun. Check out the Jay Leno Shogun on youtube. Tried to send the link and kept getting error msg.

Comment

Where have you been? One of the best is the Shogun. Check out the Jay Leno Shogun on you tube. Tried to send the link and kept getting error try this link.

m sg.

Comment

Where have you been? One of the best is the Shogun. Check out the Jay Leno Shogun on you tube. Tried to send the link and kept getting error

Comment

Where have you been? One of the best is the Shogun. Check out the Jay Leno Shogun on you tube.

Comment

check out Jay Leno Shogun.

Comment

ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO ...

Thirdman
                          1992 White Festiva L - original owner
                          1993 Green-ish Stinktiva™ L - totaled

Comment

Here's a solution to the multiple post probelm. If you post a new thread or a reply to a post and you get "internal server error 500" or something like tha it usually doesn't mean anything. You can leave the forum and come back in and you will find your posting displayed. You don't have to keep trying to post because you get the error message. There may have been some kind of error but it doesn't stop the posting from being added to the forum most of the time. Hope that helps.
                            Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
                            X