Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a while….

Looks like it’s been 4-1/2 years since my last post, time sure flies

i see some people that I remember on here but a lot of new members too but overall I’m happy to see the forum still going

truth be told I lost interest in festivas a long time ago even before I sold off the KL festiva, I don’t see that changing either but all the festiva knowledge is still stuck in my head even if I’m a bit rusty with it now lol

ill admit I’m one of those guys who use Facebook more than anything now but it’s becoming more and more obvious it’s becoming too political and I’m getting sick of it, so naturally I start thinking back to forums and as far as forums go, this one feels like home

hope everyone is doing well!!

on a side note, I see I’m still the top poster on the board

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Welcome back... Yes.. lots of new members and several of the Facebook folks showing back up lately with posts too;.
    Your post count will probably never be topped.
    The knowledge in those posts has helped me and so many others here on the forum over the years. Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
      Welcome back... Yes.. lots of new members and several of the Facebook folks showing back up lately with posts too;.
      Your post count will probably never be topped.
      The knowledge in those posts has helped me and so many others here on the forum over the years. Thanks...
      I’m not a part of the festiva Facebook group though, I just generally use Facebook for my entertainment or for information on any of my current vehicles or toys

Festivas will always be the cars that started it all for me, but I love diving into new territory with cars

I currently own a 2014 Durango V6, it’s been an awesome vehicle but I can’t help but daydream of swapping in a hellcat engine

I also own a fox body mustang that I daydream about converting to AWD lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I pop in from time to time to see what is going on. I used to have a lot more time at work to get on here and research or help but new roles have me super busy at work recently.
        "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
        sigpic
        "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
        "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
        "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
        "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

duplicate post
          Last edited by 1990new; 02-09-2022, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
            I pop in from time to time to see what is going on. I used to have a lot more time at work to get on here and research or help but new roles have me super busy at work recently.
            Just taking a couple of minute to pop in and say hello nice too. We have missed you.

Comment

It’s amazing how quiet this forum is now, I can remember years ago logging on to 30-50+ new posts/day and I thought was on the decline, but Jeeze, it’s like a ghost town in here now

Comment

Lots of folks are discouraged by the number of server timeouts they get here now. It is frustrating sometime but since I have time, I just wait and try again.
                Busy folks who are still working don't have that luxury,...that almost instant response they get from the for profit sites is too addictive to forego.
                Win some, Lose some...

Comment

^^^ that and the software bugs. LOL! Still it's probaoby just not so many Festivas on the road any more. I looked online for number of Festivas registered. In North America vehicle registration is done by state and province. Fee based websites seem to list numbers by make and model. I didn't see any free numbers that fine. Back in the 80's I dated a woman whose job it was to accumulate automotive stats for the Canadian government. Numbers probably out there somewhere. I look here at least once a day to see if anybody wants help. I don't logon unless I have something to say.
                  Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

I'm in Austin, TX, and I haven't seen another Festy in ages. Last one was a guy that I sold a back seat to.
                    Thirdman
                    1992 White Festiva L - original owner
                    1993 Green-ish Stinktiva™ L - totaled

Comment

I am hopeful that the new VB update I just installed will help with the server timeouts and issues I've been seeing. Fingers crossed, as everything I've been running so far has worked a little better than it was.
                      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

It certainly has improved me... Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                          It certainly has improved me... Thank you very much.
                          Woohoo!
                          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

this is interesting information

Comment

Working...
                            X