Window regularors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window regularors

Anyone know if window regulators are available from Four Green? Both of my cars have issues with the regulators. When it gets below 50° F the windows are hard to roll down and almost impossible to roll back up. I've had the regulators out and cleaned and oiled them as well as I could and it barely made a difference. I also sprayed the guide channels with CRC brand silicone spray and again very little improvement. My next step is to open up one of the spools to investigate further.
    Also living in New Mexico we have long hot summers that are hard on plastic parts and interiors. The nylon guides that allow the glass to move up and down the tracks are literally disintegrating. Anyone know of a source for new regulators?
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

duplicate post

Comment

duplicate post

Comment

Hello Jesse, thanks for the tip. $330 might be a bargain although more than I paid for both of my cars.....LoL.
        I'm not afraid of the installation and wiring shouldn't be a problem. It's that I don't like power windows. If I can't find any other solution maybe I will give them a try. Also for what it's worth I will try looking at the Four Green website. It wasn't working properly when I went on a few nights ago. I can also do like I did on a '63 Cadillac. Disconnect the window from the regulator and allow the glass to be either all the way down or with the help of a good pair of vice grips, find the desired window opening and lock it in position with vice grips.
        Another possibly would be to install my air conditioning system I have pieced together and that would eliminate the need to roll the windows up and down as often as I usually do And finally find a more modern, practical daily driver and devout my time on the '93 /XR2 powered project car.
        Thanks for your time Jesse.
        '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
        '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
        '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
          Hello Jesse, thanks for the tip. $330 might be a bargain although more than I paid for both of my cars.....LoL.
          I'm not afraid of the installation and wiring shouldn't be a problem. It's that I don't like power windows. If I can't find any other solution maybe I will give them a try. Also for what it's worth I will try looking at the Four Green website. It wasn't working properly when I went on a few nights ago. I can also do like I did on a '63 Cadillac. Disconnect the window from the regulator and allow the glass to be either all the way down or with the help of a good pair of vice grips, find the desired window opening and lock it in position with vice grips.
          Another possibly would be to install my air conditioning system I have pieced together and that would eliminate the need to roll the windows up and down as often as I usually do And finally find a more modern, practical daily driver and devout my time on the '93 /XR2 powered project car.
          Thanks for your time Jesse.
          I totally understand about going electric and all the extra expense... the manual ones are really all you need since it is so easy to reach across to the passenger side..
          The manual regulators in my 89 were in perfect condition when I removed them to install the electric but I sold them a long time ago.
          I think I may have one good manual regulator but not sure what side it it is for . I will climb up in the garage loft and see if I can find it and get back to you.

Sorry didn't find one.

Comment

Hello Jesse, thanks for checking. I will make it a point to check the local U-Pull It on a regular basis. They occasionally have a Festiva or two. I imagine there's regulators from other Asian cars that could be adapted. I imagine easier said than dome.

Comment

Working...
            X