No announcement yet.

89 festiva plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 89s are both auto, EFI, A/C, black pillars and have the factory tinted glass. The last pic is freshtiva w/o factory tint. Jesse is an L for sure, Im talking about Booger and Jerry. Im thinking glass swap.

sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Humm interesting same thing I have red 1989 Festiva auto saying Festiva L but never see the "Plus" although it had factory A/C, Auto, tint blue glass (early EFI system)

Comment

Hmmm... I'll have to check for the factory tint the next time I'm in KY. Are you sure about Jesse? He's got the black pillars and AC. According to the list that's L-Plus territory.
        Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
        Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
        White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
        White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
        Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
        Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
        Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
        White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I think Jesse has dealer add on A/C. But I think youre right about all of them having the black pillars.

PS booger and jerry both have rear window defrost.
          sigpic

Comment

Am I correct in the assumption that the factory A/C had the idler pulley in a slot with an adjustment bolt to move it up and down, while the add on had the idler pulley on a pivot? If that's the case my '89 has factory air.

Festivas past:

Current Fleet:
            Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva GTX
              Humm interesting same thing I have red 1989 Festiva auto saying Festiva L but never see the "Plus" although it had factory A/C, Auto, tint blue glass (early EFI system)

Id say it an L plus then, I think you brought this up when I first got Jerry. Youd think after all this time we would have figure this stuff out on a car that was only made for five years. :lol: :lol:

Festiva GTX wrote:
              "freshtiva, It look like you have 1989 Festiva L - Plus possible...just almost same like my car! but you got different sticker... "Springer ----------z____"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva

Id say it an L plus then, I think you brought this up when I first got Jerry. Youd think after all this time we would have figure this stuff out on a car that was only made for five years. :lol: :lol:

Festiva GTX wrote:
                "freshtiva, It look like you have 1989 Festiva L - Plus possible...just almost same like my car! but you got different sticker... "Springer ----------z____"

Ahh yeah I remember that one from other old Thread! also I remember once time you was planned to parting out your red 1989 L plus but seem everyone wants you to keep it and it was unique springer edition! :lol:

Comment

^ Thats right ! :wink: :lol: I guess the springer edition is unique.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
                    Never seen the plus desination but according to the chart the plus's had the black pillers and the standard L did not.
                    I had a parts Festiva, 89 I believe with black pillars, and it was standard. No factory tinted glass, or AC for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva

Festiva GTX wrote:

Ahh yeah I remember that one from other old Thread! also I remember once time you was planned to parting out your red 1989 L plus but seem everyone wants you to keep it and it was unique springer edition! :lol:
                      So that's why you call it Jerry! I'm a bit slow to catch on. I got to this party late.

Festivas past:

Current Fleet:

Comment

Just looked at my 89L and it has black pillers too. And the only other option it has is rear window defrost.
                        Brian
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                        :fish:

Comment

my 88L has black pillars also. Rear def is the only option.
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

88L black pillars, absolutely NO other options (not even a console) except rear def. was that an option? i thought it was standard.
                            89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                            92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                            New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Ford issued a product update sheet after the showroom brochures for the 88 festiva were printed. this update sheet announced a model lineup revision that now included the L-plus. standard equipment on the L-plus included bodyside tape stripe (Nike swoosh), rear window defroster, and AM/FM radio with digital clock. optional equipment available for the L-plus (but unavailable for the L) were aluminum wheels, A/C with tinted glass, and AM/FM cassette radio. it might be interesting to note that the tape stripe was standard only on the L-plus and not even listed as an option for the L or LX.

Comment

so... i must have an L plus? did they not put the plus on the L untill later then? cause mine says L. thats it.
                                89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                                92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                                New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Working...
                                X