IS THERE A SHOgun BODY KIT OUT THERE AVAILABLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS THERE A SHOgun BODY KIT OUT THERE AVAILABLE

Could never afford the car,but,is there a place that makes all of the outside panels and trim ? :alien:

No, the last original Shogun was never built. A member here bought the parts and is in the process of building a Shogun though. The people thathave the molds are not going to build any more.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

I wonder why they wouldn't make them.I think they would sell well.Think ?

Comment

I need to do a web page....

After the shogun project closed down the molds and jigs were sold off. The next owner made up a set of fenders and subframes from the molds and jigs. These parts were sold to a guy in california.

The original molds and jigs were then sold to Bill of Speedway Motors in Nebraska. I have contacted him several times over the years. At first he was going to make a kit but this never came to be. He has also refused my offers to buy the jigs and molds and he said they will be retired forever to his museum. ( he owns a real shogun so maybe he just doesnt want to flood the market with copies of his rare car).

The next part of the story is for that set of fenders and subframe that were made by the second owner. They were sold again and are now in NC being made into a CLONEGUN. While this is not an original SHOGun it follows the design very closely except to correct a few of the cars shortcomings. It will be the most accurate clonegun out there.

Most of the mechanical parts can be reproduced using " parts bin engineering".

Im too am in the middle of a CLONE GUN ( search for minigun on this page) I am making plugs right now for the molds for fenders and related parts, they will not be exact copies of the originasl shogun but will follow the theam of the car. My car will be a little lower and I going to use a wheel well shape that follows the Festiva instead of a perfectly round design. It will also use the once peice J spec bumper/ spoiler. If it turns out to be cost effective I may adress the idea of making a few sets. just stay tuned.
        money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Working...
        X